Peugeot boxer starter motor price in Germany (1 Viewer)

fred flintstone

Free Member
Jul 12, 2016
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Pilote P690
Exp
Since 2007 on and off
I am traveling through Germany to the UK. Yesterday my van would not start. Ignition lights came on but nothing else. No clicking or anything. I tried hammering the starter, no use.
Breakdown driver said it was no power to starter motor. This made me think it might be the ignition switch. He gave me a push and I bump started it and drove to the local Bosch centre in Oyten.
They have checked it and say it needs a new starter motor. Switch is OK.
Cost just for the part is nearly 400 Euros :cry::cry:

Whilst sat in the van waiting for it delivering I found one in Germany (Ebay) for 131 Euros that is 30km away. I showed the mechanic the one on Ebay and he said it was too late as they have already ordered it and paid for express delivery in 2 hours :censored:
(In the UK it is 90 Euros for one)
I will just have to pay the man, I can't drive off 'cos I can't start the van. Got a ferry booked and I am stuck here.

If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any:sick:

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
I had a similar problem ignition lights on no clicking and the rest but nothing else, I also thought starter motor, turns out the battery was not holding enough charge to start the engine .new battery cured the problem. mine is a Peugeot also. if I were you I would get it checked first. new battery cost me £90 fitted it myself in 10 mins. good luck anyway

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
I am traveling through Germany to the UK. Yesterday my van would not start. Ignition lights came on but nothing else. No clicking or anything. I tried hammering the starter, no use.
Breakdown driver said it was no power to starter motor. This made me think it might be the ignition switch. He gave me a push and I bump started it and drove to the local Bosch centre in Oyten.
They have checked it and say it needs a new starter motor. Switch is OK.
Cost just for the part is nearly 400 Euros :cry::cry:

Whilst sat in the van waiting for it delivering I found one in Germany (Ebay) for 131 Euros that is 30km away. I showed the mechanic the one on Ebay and he said it was too late as they have already ordered it and paid for express delivery in 2 hours :censored:
(In the UK it is 90 Euros for one)
I will just have to pay the man, I can't drive off 'cos I can't start the van. Got a ferry booked and I am stuck here.

If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any:sick:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back