Peugeot Boxer Losing Power (1 Viewer)

May 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 625
Exp
Since 2019
Hi There,
Our 2017 Bailey Autograph / Peugeot boxer has recurring fault where engine management fault light comes on and engine loses power to a "limp home" situation. Switching off the engine off, and starting again gives full power again but with fault light still on. This happened repeatedly on a trip home last week. Local garage did diagnostics but could't find any engine / emission related issues.
This has happened a couple of years ago and that time the garage thought it was an emissions related sensor problem and suggested not using cruise control but rev the engine hard to clear the filters.
Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, how did you resolve it?
Many thanks in advance for any help!

OP
OP
P
May 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 625
Exp
Since 2019
Many thanks. I will give that a go!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 9, 2020
Angus. Scotland
Funster No
MH
Vw lt35 conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Hi There,
Our 2017 Bailey Autograph / Peugeot boxer has recurring fault where engine management fault light comes on and engine loses power to a "limp home" situation. Switching off the engine off, and starting again gives full power again but with fault light still on. This happened repeatedly on a trip home last week. Local garage did diagnostics but could't find any engine / emission related issues.
This has happened a couple of years ago and that time the garage thought it was an emissions related sensor problem and suggested not using cruise control but rev the engine hard to clear the filters.
Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, how did you resolve it?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
I have a 2013 autograph and had the same a few weeks back.. managed to pull the battery terminals and this resets the cpu so I could get home... garage found out that it was the egr valve .. replaced it and it has been good so far

OP
OP
P
May 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 625
Exp
Since 2019
I have a 2013 autograph and had the same a few weeks back.. managed to pull the battery terminals and this resets the cpu so I could get home... garage found out that it was the egr valve .. replaced it and it has been good so far
Many thanks for your info.This rings a bell! I will speak again to our garage. Was a new EGR valve expensive? I also only use premium fuel in the future :)

May 9, 2020
Angus. Scotland
Funster No
MH
Vw lt35 conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Many thanks for your info.This rings a bell! I will speak again to our garage. Was a new EGR valve expensive? I also only use premium fuel in the future :)
350 quid plus labour ..... but if your garage struggles to get part tell them it's the same pn the transit and fiat as peugeot said they didn't have 1... to be honest it doesn't really matter about using premium fuel ... there all the same . Buy an inline filter which is cheap as chips

OP
OP
P
May 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 625
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks. Very helpful.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Our bailey went into limp mode 4 years ago before a planned trip to Norway. After a bill from our local garage for £1k for various bits, fifth injector etc. a main Peugeot dealer found a £16 relay needed replacing. Whether the earlier "repairs" were necessary I don't know and we were a bit apprehensive departing for Norway but 4000 miles later we were home unscathed and it's been ok ever since.

OP
OP
P
May 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 625
Exp
Since 2019
Hi, thanks for your message. I will relate all the very helpful pointers people have sent to the garage and hope it's a £16 repair and nothing worse!
Thanks everyone :)

Sue and Rick

Free Member
Apr 20, 2022
Brighouse, UK
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 155 2016
Exp
Since 2020
Is yours a euro5 or 6 and where are you?

I have the software and euro5 lead.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back