Rally Chat Peterborough ground conditions (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
How are the ground conditions today, I was thinking of a visit tomorrow but the weather it don't look good.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The Fun camping area is very good, probably one of the best ones on the whole site, not much mud at all so shouldn't be any problems for anyone getting on and off again. The showground, though, is getting a bit soggy and in some places distinctly boggy! Quite a bit of mud on some stalls ... inside some! They've been putting straw down to try to make the ground usable which is fine unless they put it over ruddy puddles ... no-one has been reported as disappearing into one yet though! :LOL:

Wear wellies ideally, or good waterproof shoes/boots and old trousers, as no matter how careful you walk, you will get mud on you, not a massive amount but it will happen. The main walkways are 'paved' but its when you step off them that you find the mud/soggy ground.

We've seen a lot of people taking dogs round with them and they range from a bit splattered to totally and utterly coated in mud ... should be fun cleaning them!!! :D So if you have a choice don't bring your dogs or if you do, don't be tempted to take them round the show if you can help it - we took ours for a play on the grass which, fortunately, wasn't too soggy so they just needed a rub down, we then took little Tazzy for a potter round the show and she got dirtier than when having a play! :rolleyes:

Some new stalls we've not heard of before but others missing ... noticeable by their absence are Simpsons - we always like to have a good rummage in their bits & bobs boxes and found some great treasures previously, as did many others, so their not being here is disappointing.:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Saturday morning in The Jungle and someone is in for a surprise when they wake up!

20160416_073049.jpg

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Mind you it looks dry everywhere else.
I just noticed the van in the pond is an Auto trail.
Maybe the water leaked out from the inside of it last night? :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Unfortunately I have a white dog, or at least he was when we arrived! Now he is a greyish shade, he doesn't mind but I could really do with the weather drying up - I'm quickly running out of dog towels!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back