Pet survey

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by con-tiki, Sep 12, 2011.

1. con-tiki

con-tiki Funster

Doing a survey on how many motorhome funsters take a pet with them on their travels. Please feel free to answer , even if the answer is no.....

Shirl

• Like Like x 1
  2. Swift

Swift

Where is the survey/poll ? :RollEyes:

3. tofo

tofo Funster

Used to take two dogs lost them both know
    but maybe Next year
    Probably jack russel size
    Dont tell mrs t though cause it would be tomorrow:Blush::thumb:

4. con-tiki

con-tiki Funster

Just add to the post...:Wink:

Shirl

5. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I started motorhoming because i had 2 great danes.

none now ex has one other passed away but reason for buying an RV.

6. ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies Read Only Funster

The 2 Yorkshire Terrorists accompany me everywhere. Often tempted to get a tiny 3rd as still missing the Ninja but not sure it'd be fair to these 2

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tommy_harry

Tommy_harry Read Only Funster

We always take our lab with us - she is the first to the door as soon as i pick up the van keys :BigGrin:

8. Swift

Swift

Got a West Highland Terrier, goes everywhere with us, boat and motorhome, took her to South of France for the summer last year but she didn't like the return injection so left her this year when we went, just as well as it was so very, very hot and we saw other dogs suffering.

9. con-tiki

con-tiki Funster

The reason I am asking is that I am selling my motorhome (upgrading) and someone withdrew their bid as they had noticed that I had added that my dogs travel with me (allergic)....Struth the van is 20 yrs old, even if I had not any dogs , whats the chance a previous owner had dogs in it...I feel that I have commited a cardinal sin by having my best friends (the dugs) travel with me. I would have thought that having a motorhome is that you are able to take your pets with you....:Doh:

Shirl

10. K9Brian

K9Brian Funster

Two german shepherds go everywhere with us:thumb:

11. Pezza

Pezza

Yep,Tia our shar Pei comes with us all the time except abroad. She loves the lake district and the long walks this involves, though we have to watch her with the sheep obviously!

12. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Funster

It wouldn't be the same without Jess to bring the mud in, fill the place with hairs and take up half of the bed :Rofl1: What would I do without her? :Wink:

13. John H

John H Read Only Funster

We take our lurcher Tilly with us, she's one of the reasons we got a motorhome.

14. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

2 greyhounds accompany us.

its funny how dogs or smoking are taboo when it comes to sale time, always see adds with the statement no animals and non smokers, half of which im sure are not true but there you go, they want to make a sale so they pander to the fad of the day.

15. Gran & Rog

Gran & Rog Funster

our first two doggies (Jack Russels of course) Scamp & Bonny used to go all over with us, had caravans at the times. Both lived to the age of 15yrs before leaving for a better place in heaven.

Now Buddy our Russel Cross was 9 months old when we bought him, he had been very badly treated, locked up all day long with out food and little water. This we were told by the Rescue Kennels we bought him from, so you can imagine he had never been on a lead or for that matter seen the outside world.:Angry:

After spending a great deal on trying to train him we were eventually told that it would take a very long time and that we were wasting our money!!!

We have had him seven years and although he is perfect in the home and loves to play with our kids thats as far as it goes. Roger takes him for walks daily around midnight as he is murder if you come across people or animals.

So he goes to Kennels run by a friend and he is very happy to go there as they treat him like royalty and he has his walks alone lol, don't think either we or anyone else could stand the constant barking when he is in the van :Doh:

16. lorger

lorger Funster

we take Toby our JRT with us in the uk but dont take him abroad as he doesn't bark in french so would have no friends:Rofl1::Rofl1: and it would be to warm for him

17. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

We take Jess our rescue terrier with us everywhere in the van- she even has her own passport for European trips. Boy did she land on her feet when she found us:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Daisy2

Daisy2 Read Only Funster

Bought my last campervan so that I could holiday with my dog. Sadly he passed away a couple of years ago but we did a lot of travelling together when he was alive.

Unable to have another dog as my daughter has developed severe allergy to dog saliva (which is what people are generally allergic to with dogs rather than the hair) even though she lived with mine until she was 7mths old. So when we were changing van recently I did have to take dog allergy into consideration. I suspect there have been pets in the van I bought as I've found a couple of pet like hairs coming through the air vents :RollEyes: However also appreciate that lots of people travel with dogs so decided ideal van was 1st priority. The dealership I bought from does a pretty good valet on their vehicles and all the (removable) carpets are wet cleaned when they get them and then covered with sticky plastic until sold. First thing I did when I got it home (without my daughter in there) was thoroughly hoover everything...cushions, floors, curtains etc. Then wiped down all the hard surfaces with detol wipes. Touch wood she seems to be fine in there except I think possibly the air vent system is affecting her a bit, but that could simply be dust, pollen etc. So depending on how severe the person's allergy is, it should be possible to do a good damage limitation exercise. However it is worth noting that dog allergen can remain years after a dog isn't present....which is why people often find their allergy doesn't improve when they rehome the family pet on discovering they have a dog allergy! So as Mum to an allergy sufferer I can understand a potential buyer's concern if they have an allergy, and I hadn't appreciated how much of a nightmare allergies could be until I had my daughter....but I'm sure lots of m/h purchasers don't have dog allergies so shouldn't stop you managing to sell :Smile:

Daisy2

• Like Like x 1
  19. meanders

meanders Funster - Life Member Life Member

Always take our 2 cats when we travel in this country, but not when we travel abroad as we are not prepared to pay for pet passports. They both love coming with us and love chilling out, getting on in age now as they are 15 but much prefer to be with us.

20. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

Our Toby goes everywhere we go in the motorhome, even got his pet passport, took him to France at end of May and again this friday, would'nt be without him