dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi, I have got an 2004 fiat ducato burstner and the electric passanger window has stopped working,I can here a click when I push the button for it to go down but it is not moving,I have a duel button on my drivers door to operate it as well and just getting the same response (not working).any ideas on what it might be and how to fix it please.

Thank you, Dave

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I had exactly the same problem with my 2004 Burstner. I never solved the problem but I could cure it temporarily by simply removing and replacing the correct fuse in board by the glove box.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
The same happened on our 2009 Fiat/Bessacar.
It was the window jamming in the guides, I removed the internal door panel, cut through the thin protective film, loosened the bolts holding the window guides (4 or 5 I think), the window then freed up, I lubricated the guides with a spray I had bought of EBay, tightened the bolts ensuring the window carried on working, repaired the plastic film with tape and replaced the door panel. Eventually had to do both doors, but once done never had a problem again.
Cheers
Ed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dave met

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I had exactly the same problem with my 2004 Burstner. I never solved the problem but I could cure it temporarily by simply removing and replacing the correct fuse in board by the glove box.
Thanks for the reply but confused here

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I had same problems.If you look on Fiat forum its a known fault.water gets into motor and seizes up.It cost me70pounds at local garage.I spent ages stripping down door and trying lubricating everything to no avail

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I had same problems.If you look on Fiat forum its a known fault.water gets into motor and seizes up.It cost me70pounds at local garage.I spent ages stripping down door and trying lubricating everything to no avail
I'm with @Masman on this. There is a bearing that is on the top of the motor and it gets water on it every time it rains and the water runs down the window and into the door. I guy replaced the bearing for me £40.00. Result!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi, I have got an 2004 fiat ducato burstner and the electric passanger window has stopped working

Same here, lack of use. I think it freed off after going over a serious bump. Since then I've dosed the slides in PTFE spray and never had another problem.

The click you hear is the computer registering the current overload and turning the motor off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back