parking in newquay cornwall

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by timmy, Aug 8, 2009.

1. timmy

timmy Deleted User

Hi.My name is karen and weve owned a motorhome for just over a year now.Were travelling down to newquay next week and quite like the idea of taking the motorhome off site and getting as near to the beach as possible.:Smile:Does anyone know if this is possible and what is the best beach for this as i fancy a bit of surfing:Wink:Any replies would be truly grateful,thanks

2. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi Karen and WELCOME to the fun.:Wink:

Sorry can't help with your question but someone who can is bound to be along soon.

Hope your trip goes well

Dave:thumb::thumb:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

Its' years since I've been in Newquay, used to camp there with my parents from around 1960 - 1970 then later on with my own camper van in the early 70s :Cool:...

From what I remember there is a car park at Crantock next to the beach behind the sand dunes.. at the mouth of the Gannel , don't know if it's still there..

newquay cornwall - Google Maps

The other beach which may have parking is Fristral Beach .. at the end of Headland Rd. This is where all the surfin dudes hang out .. and have surfing competitions.. :Cool:

but from what I've heard any parking in Newquay is expensive.. not far away there is great beach at Perranporth with parking

hth

Jim

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Details from the former Restormel Council Here.

Cornwall councils were rorganised in April and there is now a single authority covering the whole county. The new authority has details of Newquay car parks (including which can accommodate "campervans") Here.

Graham

5. staging lady

staging lady Funster

Hi and welcome:welcome:
    Lucille

6. lebesset

lebesset Read Only Funster

you will notice the .....no camping or overnight sleeping regulations on them all

if I am still there you will find me along the fistral beach road ....spending the night alongside a no camping or overnight sleeping sign ; wardens go off at 6 and the police have better things to do ; only a night or two though !

of course in the good old days it was impossible to get a spot due to the number of surfers sleeping there !

7. Griffs

Griffs Funster

parking

Hi
    there is a beach park called fistrall bay stopped there all day last year a verry good location BUT BEWARE there are sly parking wardens and are in plain vehicles you will only have five min's to get your parking ticket':Doh::Doh::Doh: (clamp and fine}

8. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi. you can park at fistral, port n several places north of nq. on the coast road. sleeping is a different story . best go down coast n look for pull ins it is poss but dificult. cheers alan.