parking in Ironbridge Telford

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by betterthenatent, May 20, 2011.

1. betterthenatent

betterthenatent Read Only Funster

Hi, the title says it all. Can any one tell me what the parking situation at Ironbridge is like. We have a 17 footer

2. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Only done it in a car but I think you will be ok with that size. Big public car park.

3. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Have parked there with MH don't remember any problems, mind it was a few years ago.

4. Jaygee32

Jaygee32 Read Only Funster

I have been there several times staying in a cottage right opposite the museum with the car park next to it. Coaches park there so you should be OK.

5. nokaii

nokaii Read Only Funster

We were there a couple of months ago and when we asked about parking in the museum car park we were told we could not park in the coach bays (Wintertime and not a coach in sight!) but could pay for 2 spaces if we pulled through, however we could not see how we could do this as the spaces all seemed to be divided.

We did find 1 large spot right next to the railings in the car park after the teddy bear shop/museum but what you would do if it was busy I don't know. There is a car park over the river too.

We have only owned our MH a few months and are really disappointed about the lack of facilities most places provide for MH's :thumbdown: people seem to think we carry everything we need and so won't spend money, which of course is not true, we too like to visit museums and go out for meals and although we carry some basics with us the first stop wherever we go is always the local supermarket for food and drink for our stay!

6. nomadic

nomadic Funster

A fellow m/h'er just last week went, he telephoned the museum and asked about parking for a 24 footer, he was told to go to the main car park at Bliss Hill, easy acess, and I think no charge.

When we chatted later he did say there was no problems at all, made his day

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gooney

Gooney Funster

If you do manage to get parked up there is the most wonderful home made pork pie shop just opposite the bridge, scrumptious!!:man_in_love: