parking at dover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Glyn and Debbie, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Glyn and Debbie

Glyn and Debbie Funster

Good morning all, we are going on our first trip to europe in the mh in a fortnight, could someone please tell me, can you still park on the front in dover?

• Like Like x 1
  2. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi you two, we will be down there tonight, and on the 8.00 DFDS ferry in the morning.:thumb:
    Not seen anything about not be allowed to park there, we will be heading to Germany. :BigGrin: Bob.

3. Swiftroy1

Swiftroy1 Read Only Funster

Dover carpark overnight

I'm also going there tonight and I always stay overnight in the carpark on Maison Dieu Road. N51.22930 E1.39531 You can legally park overnight free of charge after 6pm as long as you leave by 9am the following day. At the most it's a 10 minute drive to the carferry. It's at the back of a Police Station and the carpark is also used by the Council's traffic wardens. There is CCTV also. I've always felt safe there and it's an easy walk to various takeaway shops if you're feeling peckish.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TweetiePie

TweetiePie Read Only Funster

We always use Marine Parade, Had no problems so far and not heard anything has changed. This time next week we will be on our way there, Hoping to meet Brian and Joice (Icantremember) some where in France......:Smile:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Ooooh - we'll be there on Tuesday night and off to Germany on Wednesday morning. Where abouts are you going? We are heading for Bavaria, then into Austria and sailing home on 5 October. I hope we see you somewhere en route. :BigGrin:

Ivy

• Like Like x 1
  6. bobandjanie

Hi Ivy, we have not planned a route yet, :Doh: but we come home on the 10th October and never do many miles in a day.:Eek!:
    Should be following the Mosel weather permitting.:Rofl1: Bob.

7. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

We are heading over on the 21st from Dover, also heading for the Mosel- ish, no forward planning as usual!:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  8. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You'd better believe it, look at the high water marks, I was standing at main road level.....

Attached Files:

• mos.jpg
      mos.jpg
      File size:
      96.7 KB
      Views:
  9. Loujess

The Mosel's lovely, especially at this time of year with the wine festivals and so on. Cochem is really nice and they have great ice cream. Just don't pick an apple from what looks like a wild tree. They all belong to someone apparently. We were there a couple of years ago. :BigGrin:

10. Loujess

A German told me there's a great aire at Klusserath, although we didn't get there. :BigGrin:

Ivy

11. bobandjanie

Absolutely heaving on Marine Parade tonight! Sweet dreams lol. Jane :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Loujess

OH no - I'm green with envy. Just been out to the van on the pretence of looking for something but I actually just sat there and then opened one or two cupboards. So peaceful. :BigGrin:

Ivy

• Like Like x 4
  13. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

Hoping to set off from Dover on 17th Sept (I have spinal nerve root injection on 12th).
    We will also be heading for Mosel :BigGrin:

Mike.

14. Gunner29

Gunner29 Read Only Funster

Mosel

Plan to leave Gutersloh for the Mosel either Thu or Frid depends on the vet!!:thumb:
    First stop is ACSI site No 631 at Koblenz, then to Cochem on ACSI site No 621, on to Elinger ACSI site No 625.. Plan to stop at Stellplatzs at Bernkastel and Piesport, then ACSI site No 646 and then one off two Stellplatz at Trier.
    SWMBO hasn't looked at this itinery yet so all may change:Eeek: I'm just the navigator as she loves to drive (She feels safer that way)
    Following that we will pop into Luxembourg for a few days before heading down to Annacy.
    After that??????????????????????:Eeek:
    May see some off you en route:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Porscha

Porscha Read Only Funster

Parking a large MH with car on Marine Parade

Some advice please from those who have been to Marine Parade / Waterloo Crescent in Dover:

Will I be able to turn around a 30 foot long Mercedes RS Motorhome with Fiat 500 attached on an A Frame?? :Eeek: It does not reverse well so turning circle area is what I need to know.

Going soon so quick replies appreciated.......:thumb:

16. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Stiegkeller is a nice place to eat in Salzburg - views of city too which is nice. Food and drink are wonderful. I had a Goulash there as it was wet and cold when I was there - melted in your mouth!

If you head towards the castle, in Denny kluge (there is a little boy standing on a globe in the square) take the right fork up the hill (past Stiegkeller brewery) and it is up the hill on the right. Shuts early though, when I was there - they locked up at 9pm!:Eeek:

There is also lots of history around the city - tours are quite interesting too with Mozarts home etc.

17. B-well

B-well Funster

Marine parade Dover from 08;00am you need parking ticket from machine, long road quite empty but come in from western side , from A20 Road past meggar building on left over first roundabout onto second roundabout turn right or second exit then over bridge then left into Marine parade you will be able to park first 800m then easy left exit back onto main road to ferry docks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Porscha

Porscha Read Only Funster

Many thanks to those who replied and pm'd me.

Much less stressful knowing I don't need to attempt to reverse this thing......:BigGrin:

19. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Take the opportunity - you will be near a big car park, late at night with not much around....nothing better to do! Go an practice for half an hour or so.:thumb:

Take a wrong turn on a foreign road and you will be glad you did practice.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

You can also park at the port in France for free. They allow 14hrs, wether you're coming or going, and it feels safe because the ticket office is open all the time so there are staff around. We use the ticket office parking in both directions. Hope you have a great trip. Ed