Paint seal Uk (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Please does anyone have experience of having Painseal Uk put their paint seal on their new motorhome? Does it work? Does it cause any future body work problems?

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Please does anyone have experience of having Painseal Uk put their paint seal on their new motorhome? Does it work? Does it cause any future body work problems?
Unless you can get done as part of the deal on the new Motorhome I wouldn't bother.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
It’s a Ceramic Coating. Theres a lot about. We had two vans done both were second hand, so it doesn’t need to be done “new”.

We had this guy come to the house. He (very) thoroughly cleans the whole van and then applies the coating. The vans gleamed after wards. The dirt still happens but it takes much less effort to wash it off! I recommend this chap for his knowledge of Motorhomes, his attention to detail and his quality of work.

Liam@lgautocare.co.uk
Cost us around £550 for our c-line 148 and our Frankia before it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
We used https://www.tourershine.co.uk/home/

when the van was new 2019 and the effect was that you don’t need to polish only wash with Autoglym and the van gleamed. 5 years on I am thinking it’s time to do it again once the dings are knocked out. If you have grey or black bumpers the coating keeps them like new with no fading.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
My carthago is now 7 years old and it’s had paintseal on it by the previous owner, but you CAN tell it’s on there as it makes washing it so much easier. Probably more so when it was new but at 7 years old it could probably do with it reapplying by paintseal. But yes I would say it’s worth it👍

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Had paintseal applied in May last year to our new van and thus far has been a godsend. Van is much easier to clean, and when clean lasts much longer between cleans.
So far pleased with the result.

OP
OP
D
Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Thank you so much for all your replies they’ve been very helpful

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
We used https://www.tourershine.co.uk/home/

when the van was new 2019 and the effect was that you don’t need to polish only wash with Autoglym and the van gleamed. 5 years on I am thinking it’s time to do it again once the dings are knocked out. If you have grey or black bumpers the coating keeps them like new with no fading.
That’s interesting, have you not had to treat The plastic bumpers et cetera in any other way?

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Think I will give that a try, Autoglym do a ceramic coating so I will just do the plastic parts and see hoe it goes, Potentially a real tie saver and big improvement in the look of the plastics.
Just put the Autoglym ceramic coating on my Carthago. Can’t say it’s any shinier but it is only 10 months old. Will see how easy it is to clean as time goes on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back