Paint for basin, or possibly new basin (1 Viewer)

Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
I’ve just looked on Youtube and there’s a guy that has painted his shower tray with Protectacote WB. And I’ve called the manufacturer and it is the one to use on shower trays and basins. Someone else on here has applied 4 coats, and that is probably what I would do (having seen the Youtube video).
However, the coating has rubberised granules and therefore even the “smooth” option seems to not in fact be smooth. So, any other suggestions or advice for a smooth finish?
And, as an option, in particular I’d buy a new basin (I have a 1995 Hymer). Does anyone know of a seller? Ebay and Amazon don’t seem to throw up anything

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I’ve just looked on Youtube and there’s a guy that has painted his shower tray with Protectacote WB. And I’ve called the manufacturer and it is the one to use on shower trays and basins. Someone else on here has applied 4 coats, and that is probably what I would do (having seen the Youtube video).
However, the coating has rubberised granules and therefore even the “smooth” option seems to not in fact be smooth. So, any other suggestions or advice for a smooth finish?
And, as an option, in particular I’d buy a new basin (I have a 1995 Hymer). Does anyone know of a seller? Ebay and Amazon don’t seem to throw up anything
What about converting it to a ceramic sinks -- There are loads of different sizes and types

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Speedcoat smooth on basin and textured on shower tray
B14947DD-D9F0-411D-8E78-98B29E3B80D4.jpeg
2B11F31B-411B-4C8F-9774-0E0F63177BFE.jpeg

OP
OP
D
Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
What about converting it to a ceramic sinks -- There are loads of different sizes and types

But they don’t match my unusually shaped basin. It is not a “stand alone” unfortunately. It has a shelf section approx 60cms long on one side up to where it meets the shower

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
I used Bedek multi surface paint to good effect on my Hymer basin. It's brush on, so not as smooth as spray but two years on it's not deteriorated at all.
And having had no reply on here, that is what I was going to attempt! But to doubly make sure I had a good look on Youtube, and this professional painter put it up against two other paints. One that he had used a lot, and a new one that his paint supplier said everyone was raving about, Frenchic Al Fresco. And it was the best! So I’m using that, but then with a top coat or 3 of Polar flawless lacquer, which is also hard wearing. If it works I’ll let you know. But it’s great to hear that without any lacquer the Bedak msp is holding up.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Hi Annie did you have that done by speedcoat or the we can fix anything place?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back