Free Member
Aug 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Globecar
Exp
2 Years
Hi
My engine management light pops up occasionally and always when idling or creeping in traffic.
Sometimes the vans runs fine, sometimes it drops into some sort of limp mode with much reduced power.
Happened some years ago and it sorted itself but now started again.
I’ve plugged in and the error is P0019
Seems a few things can cause this.
Anyone experienced this issue and is so, did it get fixed?
Thanks

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
It may be a problem with the earth leads , engine to body and battery to body , and it would be worth replacing them as they have been known to be the cause of many electrical /display problems if faulty on these vans. (they can look ok but still be faulty).

huck999

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
P0019 is usually a crank-shaft sensor fault.
Usually, but not always, caused by faulty sensor.
About £15 on fleabay so a cheap way to check. Also check the connections as these corrode easily and can give intermittent faults.
There are several videos on youtube for reference.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Generic P0019 Crankshaft Position Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 2 Sensor B)
Seems like I took too long, still confused by Bank 2 when a Duke has one

OP
OP
I

Ianb

Free Member
Aug 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Globecar
Exp
2 Years
OOPs, my number blindness.
Error is P0091 and not 19
Sorry, something to do with fuel but the engine runs fine do makes no sense. I will clean up earth connections as has been suggested

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Fiat 2 P0091 Drift positive rail pressure (step 1) - low pressure, Positive drift
Ducato P0091 Fuel Pressure (Regulator at High Pressure Pump Inlet)
Generic P0091 Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit Low

From my collection of variously published lists

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
extracted from elsewhere.
those error codes indicate a problem with fuel pressure. I suspect that if the pressures are too far outside acceptable limits, the engine will be prevented from running/starting in order to protect it.
It's possible that you have a blockage either before the in-tank (low pressure) pump, or(less likely) in the pipework from this pump to the filter. The pump will have a plastic gauze filter, so it might be worth pulling the pump assembly out of the tank to check it. The pipework may respond to carefully blowing through with an air line once its been removed from both the main fuel filter and the tank ends.
The attached document covers the basics.

Attachments

• Common Rail Diesel Systems.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
OP
OP
I

Ianb

Free Member
Aug 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Globecar
Exp
2 Years
extracted from elsewhere.
those error codes indicate a problem with fuel pressure. I suspect that if the pressures are too far outside acceptable limits, the engine will be prevented from running/starting in order to protect it.
It's possible that you have a blockage either before the in-tank (low pressure) pump, or(less likely) in the pipework from this pump to the filter. The pump will have a plastic gauze filter, so it might be worth pulling the pump assembly out of the tank to check it. The pipework may respond to carefully blowing through with an air line once its been removed from both the main fuel filter and the tank ends.
The attached document covers the basics.
Thank you I shall take a look and research

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Might be worth putting in some Wynns diesel system cleaner, it did wonders for my fuel system and emission readings on my mot.

Got mine from Halfrauds 👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back