P&O ferry Hull to Zeebrugge (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I'm just booking ours now and Caravan club is still coming up dearer than P&O direct.
I'm booking standard fares with 8 metre van and Kitchen meals. £436 return
Out Friday 20th May back Saturday 4th June

CC is 400 plus meals that would be another £88

Don't know where we will head yet? its all part of the FUN
Phone CC tomorrow before you book it and tell them. They should beat the ferry quote from booking directly.

I bought 3 camping cheques - not sure when I will use these but although it sounds strange, it brought the cost down.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Phone CC tomorrow before you book it and tell them. They should beat the ferry quote from booking directly.

I bought 3 camping cheques - not sure when I will use these but although it sounds strange, it brought the cost down.
Too late Gav PAID (y)

Our recent holiday was £361 without food and we spent 4x£26 (or we would have but had a Brasserie meal on the return) so that made it £465 if we'd had Kitchen meals

£436 inclusive is a bargain

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just looking now at booking for a couple of weeks time to go to the Niesmann+Bischoff factory open weekend, we are 8.5 metres so expect to be more expensive, but in the lat 6 months the Hull Zeebrugge prices have gone mad we used to book through the caravan club and get a deal including 7 nights camping cheques for about £325 last time we booked it was school holiday but it was £500 and only 3 nights camping cheques, now they want close to £500 and no camping cheques. So we looked at Newcastle to Amsterdam as it is actually closer for us anyway and it looks like we can get it for about £367 with sea view en-suite cabins so booking tomorrow.

To recap I don't think your price is bad but CC usually beat C&CC so give them a try if you are members.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I thoroughly recommend the route from Hull, but am worried when you said taking a dog, we have not been since having Lola, but we used the crossing a lot before that, the dog options were not good when we last went, hopefully someone has used them and can add current advice

Dogs were put in a room off the lorry deck, individual cages but looked awful, only used by lorry drivers as far as I could see, not sure if you have an option to leave your dog in MH but you board between 4-5pm and don't get off till 7-8am a long time with legs crossed

Don't want to put a dampener on your plans, but better you find out now than have a shock when you board (y)

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I thoroughly recommend the route from Hull, but am worried when you said taking a dog, we have not been since having Lola, but we used the crossing a lot before that, the dog options were not good when we last went, hopefully someone has used them and can add current advice

Dogs were put in a room off the lorry deck, individual cages but looked awful, only used by lorry drivers as far as I could see, not sure if you have an option to leave your dog in MH but you board between 4-5pm and don't get off till 7-8am a long time with legs crossed

Don't want to put a dampener on your plans, but better you find out now than have a shock when you board (y)

We will double check. We can always leave him with grandma and the kids. He doesn't have a passport even yet. I'd rather leave him with her. Then it's just us two , no kids , no dogs. No vets, even cheaper and easier.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Agree that Hull- Rotterdam is better and a more 'stable' ship in a storm if yu suffer from sea sickness.

We have used it a few times - great to get n the boat, have a nice meal in the posh restaurant (Langans?) drink plenty of wine and fall asleep in the cabin. Early call at 6am and off you go. makes sense for us living in Yorkshire.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Just read the FAQ's on CC site

"Will I receive a better price if I make my booking by phone?
No, online prices are the same as and those you’ll get if you call. If you're looking for the best deals, visit our ferry page to view current offers."

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We will double check. We can always leave him with grandma and the kids. He doesn't have a passport even yet. I'd rather leave him with her. Then it's just us two , no kids , no dogs. No vets, even cheaper and easier.
We are shooting the dog on Thurs day lots easier for us :whistle2:

Sep 29, 2012
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
The dogs kennels are now new air conditioned units, all pets have to be booked in and cannot be left in your van. You can have an pre arranged evening visit but we found the visit unsettled the dogs and was more for us then for them so on our last crossing we did not go down for the extra visit and they were fine until we picked them up next morning.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The dogs kennels are now new air conditioned units, all pets have to be booked in and cannot be left in your van. You can have an pre arranged evening visit but we found the visit unsettled the dogs and was more for us then for them so on our last crossing we did not go down for the extra visit and they were fine until we picked them up next morning.

Thanks for that, how big are the kennels?

Still not sure we or Lola could cope with the stress of separation, but useful to know :)

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Hi you two,
How do you know they are fine though? I know buster will hate it. He hates just driving in the van. He stresses out. Walking up and down , not settling unless he's in his fabric cage. Then he pants and pants and pants. He didn't sleep once all the way up to aviemore a couple of weeks ago ! Of course when we stop he loves it. Loves being with us 24/7.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2012
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
A good size we put our 2 (cockerpoo's) in a large single and there is plenty of room and we always put 2 of their favourite blankets in to sleep on. It's very clean but is on the car deck (they changed the system when a car driver left his dog in the car with no ventilation and the dog was found the next morning by staff on the ferry).

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
@gailsunnymeed Oh dear that's sad. But how do you know they are ok. Can you view without the dogs seeing you ?

Sep 29, 2012
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Yes I know what you mean Missy is a poor traveller and i'm sure she probably doesn't sleep much, but their behaviour doesn't change following a crossing and they are as always pleased to see us and settle very quickly when they are back in the van.

Sep 29, 2012
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
No you can't and when you go in all the lights go on and the dogs start barking, but until that point it is in darkness and there is no noise coming from the kennels that is our experience in the last 4 crossings.

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
image.png
image.jpg
Ralph's sure he'll be fine. It's me. @gailsunnymeed
Though I know he sleeps , when he's on my knee. But I'm not having that. He's a big Border Terrier. Not a little thing.
I know once he's there he'd love it just like he does when ever we stop in the van now. He gets so excited ! Even if it's only half hour after we've set off !

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Bev i would say thats a good price, we have used this crossing and the Newcastle to Amsterdam crossing also which is a lot closer for us so nice and handy. I think upgrading the cabin is a must the last two times from newcastle we have upgraded to a commodore suite and what a difference. You get a real bed with sofa and chair to sit on, you also get a tv and mini bar with soft drinks and sweets plus breakfast so a no brainer in my opinion.
We have just been looking at crossings for the end of September as i have put my name in the ballot for Berlin marathon so with a bit of luck we will spend 10 days ( not running the marathon).
We are also thinking about next years holidays and we have it down to 3 rough places, Chamonix in the alps for some walking, back to Italy again @Robert Clark fault as Lorraine has been looking at all the food and put weight on already, or 3rd choice is possibly Poland area but if i get a space in Berlin we will do that then as Berlin is close to border.
Its so exciting and i still dont have a van

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
Hi bev
I used this ferry this year for work quoted 700 pound for my long wheel based sprinter when in my little van still had to pay 520 pounds told it get more expensive the near the time you travel happy travels

June & tomi

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Be interested to hear how you get on. We have a Border Terrier, 9 months old at present. She travels well, but we decided on the tunnel despite living north of Edinburgh. The worst part of the whole trip for us was driving down and up to/from Folkestone.
Best ferries for us are Newcastle/Ijmuiden and Hull/Zeebrugge. Newcastle closer to home, Zeebrugge closer to where we normally travel.
Please post your experience on the Hull ferry.
Cheers,

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
We live an hour from Newcastle, and I would much rather do the overnight to Amsterdam and drive in Europe than drive darn sarf in the UK, this is especially true on the return leg - when you are ready to be at home the last thing you need is to sit in traffic for five hours or more on the M25 or similar.

Being tight northern gits we tend to book a standard cabin with two low beds (cannot do bunks!), we take our evening meal - salad etc into the cabin and a couple of books or programme on the ipads to watch. Venture out of the cabin about 9.00pm for a couple of drinks in the bar - all very civilised.

Although more expensive than Dover and the tunnels, the holiday starts much sooner and we try to recoup some of the costs by coming back full of booze - that upweighting to 4250kg is worth it!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Had Pal, Who I Attended college with, who was Chief Engineer on the old "Norland" (also had a Steward who became Deputy Prime Minister. But we don't talk about that!!). The newish "Pride of Hull" is very state of the Art!. We got the Full conducted Tour Via the I MarE Branch Locally when she was New. Not like in My day!.

pete

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just booked Newcastle Amsterdam for a couple of weeks time 8.5 metres and 3.4 tall sea view cabin both ways £362.70 booked with caravan club, the best we could get with Hull Zeebrugge or Rotterdam was Between £400 and £440 Newcastle is 50 miles closer anyway and not done this crossing before so thought it was worth a try.

Martin

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
May be worth mentioning that if you are using P & O when you get to their home page, look in the top right hand corner for the ENGLISH £ sign, click the menu button to the right of it and select ENGLISH € option. This will give you the price in Euro's which, with the exchange rate as it is, is working out cheaper that the Stirling price. Try and use a payment method that doesn't attract a fee for foreign exchange.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Havent used hull ferry for years.
Last time will be 13 years ago, two plus car...best part of £500.

Dont know if their policy has changed but CC used to charge £10 per amendment to bookings.
Change of time or date, change of transport etc....£10 each amendment.
P&O direct...no charges for any changes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back