Oyster 90 wont open (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Vehicle is an old 1996 Hymer and dish would be similar age. It found OPTUS D1 (southern Hemisphere) yesterday and tucked itself away for the night. Today when powered up the little lights rotate then give up. Any ideas on where to look for a solution. Can box be rebooted ? It is getting power.

OP
OP
tanex
Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Well I never. Dish must have heard me typing because it now lifts.......But i did a factory reset on the AVTEX 32" and all i get now is the BLUE introduction screen and nothing more. Seems a shame to bin it but have never been impressed with it.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good afternoon tanex

Unfortunately I'm not aware of the settings or software options for the Oyster system in New Zealand however the main importer of the systems is a company called RSE. I have attached their web address and hopefully they can assist you. https://www.rse.co.nz/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tanex
Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Thank you . powered everything down and then when power was restored it worked
The system reset killed the AVTEX 32" so it is junk now. Off to get a new 12V 32...Not an Avtex

OP
OP
tanex
Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
I phoned the NZ Avtex dealer and explained that the TV would stop at the Blue Avtex screen. Chap said it was not worth fixing . Looks like it gets biffed.

OP
OP
tanex
Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
and this is all you get to see.

IMG_7275.JPG

OP
OP
tanex
Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Good afternoon tanex

Unfortunately I'm not aware of the settings or software options for the Oyster system in New Zealand however the main importer of the systems is a company called RSE. I have attached their web address and hopefully they can assist you. https://www.rse.co.nz/
Had RSE change settings to recieve sats in Southern memisphere. Am trying a SAMSUNG 32" wit sat rec built in so the Avtex can go west

Jul 15, 2023
Eggborough, Goole, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649
Exp
Since 2003
Well I never. Dish must have heard me typing because it now lifts.......But i did a factory reset on the AVTEX 32" and all i get now is the BLUE introduction screen and nothing more. Seems a shame to bin it but have never been impressed with it.
Have you contacted Avtex? Mine wouldn't show the channels (only BBC2.When I rang them up and explained they Emailed me the new files and instructions to update the TV software. Satellite TV is working again, might be worth a try.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back