Over wintering tyre pressures. Windscreen wipers.

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by The DATeam, Nov 18, 2015.

1. The DATeam

The DATeam

Couple of questions.

1.If laying up your motorhome for a few weeks, do you increase the tyre tyre pressures, to the maximum recommended by the tyre manufacture, to avoid flat spots.

2. Just had to replace the three nearly new wiper blades on our motorhome because they had split. I can only put this down to, unlike cars, they are stationary for a lot of the time and this has caused them to split. Does anyone remove the wiper blades from their motorhome when laying up for a few weeks?

2. Masman

Masman Funster

I dont remove wipers,Just pull out or put wine corks under arms so that the blades are not resting on glass.As for tyre pressures I cant help ou as i use mine all year.(y)

3. stuurman

stuurman Funster

Never had any flat spots, but do remove wiper blades when stationary for a few months.

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

No real need to increase the pressure, but do make sure they don't fall below the recommended pressure. Good idea to move them now and again so you're not sat on the same bit of tyre for months. (y)

5. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Not so much in our glorious winters but the sun buggers your tyres and wipers up, always worth covering the tyres up if parked up for a while in the sun.