Outboard water tank ok??

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by errpaul, Mar 1, 2009.

1. errpaul

errpaul Funster

Hi all, my wife and I are looking at getting our first van soon and have looked at lots of models across a range of prices........one thing which is worrying us a litlle is having an outboard water tank. We plan to use the home all year round in this country and europe, for skiiing for example.....our concern is that this water will freeze and we will be without use of the tank, or worse still the expansion of the ice cause damage.
    Does anyone have experience of this?
    We have seen in-board water tanks, but only on new models, which will be a few years down the line before affording new.

Thanks for your help:Smile:

2. bald eagle

bald eagle Read Only Funster

Hi errpaul
    We have an outside water tank which is well insulated, and we use
    the motorhome all year round and we have never had any trouble.

3. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

I accept age of van has a little to do with it, But in the main Motor homes come in two guises, Fully winterised or Not:Sad: and the terminoligy speaks for its self, There are a few hardend Skier,s on here who will fill you in on the do's and dont's far better than i can
    Geo

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

If you planning winter trips to the Alps then I would consider buying a 'winterised' van, ideally one with a double floor where all the services are run and the tanks housed, freezing waste and fresh water pipes are a big problem, tanks rarely freeze due to the large volume and tank heaters are available if required.

German marques are generally better insulated and equipped for winter weather.

Jim