Out smart the thief

Discussion in 'Motorhome Security' started by dbnosey, Apr 12, 2016.

1. dbnosey

dbnosey Funster

It's not every day you get something for nowt from a supplier but I did today and he diserves a mention. The supplier is in North Yorkshire and I live in Lancashire. Now that's a good start because we both come from the "Northern Power House" .
    Anyway, when I purchased my new MH the dealer fitted a Gemini 931T - MH alarm with no instruction or instructions. Sales team when asked hadn't a clue or help at hand over. It all worked well and I soon found out how it worked and found some basic instructions on line. I had two activation remotes, the vehicle key fob and a second 4 button fob which I never used until today and found that the battery was flat. I put a new battery in, still no joy but the small led illuminated on fob. Looked at basic instructions not a clue.
    Looking through previous posts found an article which I remembered replying to and found the number of Out Smart the Theif in York phoned them got the answer m/c s**t. Put my phone down which immediately rang. It was Carl the director of the alarm company. Told him all my problems with the alarm and he spent over half an hour talking me through everything about my system and talked me through how to reprogram the key fob. He said time taken to explain everything until I was happy was not a problem, and he will send me more instruction etc. At No Cost To Me.
    So all in all this supplier "Out Smart The Theif" and Carl Meyer gets 10 out of 10 from me and deserves a mention.
    Even thou they came second in the Battle of the Roses. Lol
    Colin

• Like Like x 13
  2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Giving summat for nowt....he cant be a true Yorkshireman. :LOL:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. wanderingyp

wanderingyp Funster Life Member

We too are very impressed with the service Carl gives. 4 years ago when having a Wildax built to our spec we wanted a tracker and coincidentally there was an article in a mag when he first started Outsmart the Thief explaining all its functions. We contacted him and after his very clear informative description we asked him to fit at Wildax outfit in Elland. Duncan MD of Wildax was so impressed that he now offers this on all his builds.
    Apart from the immediate call when we have set off alarm by mistake, we have found the most useful feature is when in storage and the battery is getting low he rings to inform us, (and offers to switch system off to prevent a further drain til we get to it). It is also peace of mind that if we were to ever confirm that the alarm is going off as vehicle been stolen he can stop it in it's tracks.
    He has always been very helpful whenever we have asked anything. We will definitely be subscribing to this service for a further 5 years when initial 5 years is up. He really gives a personal service (not like the service we had on previous van set up)

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

I believe carl is a member @606060 as i recall

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Madmag

Madmag Funster

It's a thumbs up from me too. Very patient explains everything in detail at beginning, then very understanding when we accidentally set it off when starting to use it. Had the Platinum fitted at dealers and does give you peace of mind when leaving van.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

Correct.

We've got their system fitted and every time I've set off the alarm accidentally mobile has rang within 20-30 seconds. Carl asking if everything OK?(y)

• Like Like x 2
  7. supermrp

supermrp Read Only Funster

Outsmart the Thief gets 10/10 from me. Been brilliant & polite.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Delboyarapaho

Delboyarapaho Funster

I had a similarly good experience with Autowatch. I bought a Moho and the flashers were randomly going off and a really helpful guy their by the name of Malcolm talked me through the entire system. Also replaced the siren and the main alarm unit as they were not working correctly. Very good

9. Neilfg

Neilfg Funster

OutSmartTheThief very helpful people, a complete system. Also like the phone call if alarm is triggered to check all ok, very reassuring.

• Like Like x 2
  10. linesman

linesman Funster

I would like to echo the praise heaped upon Carl from Outsmart The Thief, I had cause to have work done on my new Wildax dashboard by the Citroen dealer in Carlisle and when I received the vehicle back the alarm kept going off for no reason. I phoned Carl and explained the problem. He agreed to come and meet me at a site in Yorkshire when we stayed there for a few days. He duly arrived and found the fault in no time (the wires to a sensor had been damaged) whilst repairing the damage he tidied the wiring behind the dash panel that had been left in a mess. A few days later I received a phone call from Carl enquiring if everything was ok. All this for no charge even though it wasn't an alarm fault. This type of Service is very rare now a days,he's also a really nice guy, So it's 10 out of 10 from me!

• Like Like x 6
  11. Stewen

Stewen Funster

I'm currently looking for a security system for my first moho - pick it up on Saturday :) . I am not too far from Carls business so may well give him a call. I think Vantage Motorhomes use Outsmart the Thief as well as Wildax. ( all Yorkshire lads together eh? ! The only other contenders seems to be Strikeback - but frankly VAnbitz is way too far for me for installation and any subsequent service visits, or another that my dealer suggested which is a Northwest provider called Phantom. all seem to offer the same kind of thing and all seem to be about the same price - circa £650 plus tracker subs.