Our RV for sale on eBay

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by scotjimland, Nov 5, 2009.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

2. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Good luck with your sale xxxxx

3. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Good luck with the sale Jim hope you get a good price.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

4. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi Jim, good luck with the sale,:thumb:a lot of motor for the money,looks like Jans been busy with the polish......:BigGrin::Rofl1::Rofl1: It's a shame it has to go, but good luck with the next chapter, don't know how you get on in the house again. It takes me a while, and that's only 2 months at a time...........:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: All I have done since we got back is pick up leaves and visit the tip,:Wink: a lot nicer being on a site watching someone else do it.:BigGrin: Bob.

5. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Constructive criticism Jim
    you appear to be selling with a LPG/110v Micro wave:Doh: unless Ive read it wrong of course
    Geo
    Good luck with the sale:thumb:

6. madbluemad

madbluemad

Hi Jim

Sad times but best of luck with the sale. This will be a really good buy for somebody given the way that you have looked after it.

Jim
    :Smile:

7. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy Read Only Funster

best of luck with the sale Jim. Bet you are looking forward to the smaller one you were talking about.

8. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

good luck with your future plans Jim. Don't forget to add the fact it has a towbar. some indication about the MOT would also help. i.e. new MOT for purchaser or list of jobs that need doing if any.:thumb:

9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Hope you get the deal you want Jim.

Graham

10. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi Jim,

I would suggest you get a new MOT on her as without one, people will be put off or try and chip you back hard.

I would also remove this part of the listing, people generally ask why, strangely enough!

Other work New awning fabric 2008 New starter motor from Cummins Nov 2008 New Flojet domestic water pump Roof repainted with Plas T Cote , three coats, Jan 2007 Carpet removed, now covered in

A van with a recent new engine or gearbox does not make it more desirable in the eyes of some buyers believe it or not.

Good luck.

Peter

11. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Good luck Jim hope all goes well :thumb::thumb:

12. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Good luck Jim, would you want me to bombard you with questions in order to get you used to ebaying?

I regually send jim questions about the travel log and he never replies.:Rofl1:

13. Jim

Jim Ringleader

:Cool::BigGrin:

14. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Wow. Hell of a lot of space there for the money. Just run in too.

15. G2EWS

G2EWS Funster

Hi Jim,

You are going to miss him!

The only thing I would change is mentioning that the upholstery is 12 years old so shows signs of wear. Of course it does, but you don't need to tell the prospective purchaser that.

Good luck with the sale.

Best regards

Chris

16. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

All the best with the sale of your R.V Jim,, and hope you will be as pleased with whatever you get as you have been with george.. :thumb:

17. superk

superk Read Only Funster

Jim - I hope you don't mind but I found the solid block of writing stuffed with techno information hard going. People want ti imagine themselves in it and enjoying the benefits - the picture I got was a family living in it full time - and possibly giving it some hard wear as a result. I've had a go - feel free to reject or amend as you see fit.

:Smile:
    Keith

This is our much loved and well cared for GeorgieBoy that has taken us round Europe without any problems and has been a joy to use.

Our circumstances have changed and reduced the time available to us for touring although we don’t want to give up completely so we would consider a PX for a panel van conversion with a cash adjustment.

George is an ideal RV for long-term touring or even full timing.
    George has a Spartan chassis with a Cummins Diesel 5.9lt diesel pusher engine (like a coach) that gives a genuine 14mpg. With an Alison four-speed fully automatic gearbox and power steering driving is a relaxed pleasure. Like a coach you ride smoothly on air-ride suspension.

George comes with all those luxuries associated with an American RV that make travelling in one of these spacious vehicles so enjoyable:

Queen-sized walk around bed; sofa-bed, dinette for four; large separate shower, WC, aircon; LPG powered ducted air heating and 6 gallon hot water tank, well-equipped kitchen with twin sinks, large American-sized fridge-freezer and Panasonic microwave, double-glazed tinted windows; satellite dish; even a Whirlpool washing machine!

There is abundant electrical power with four 85Ah batteries, a 1600-watt inverter (runs all your 240-volt appliances), Victron Energy Multi Plus 70A charger and a 5kv LPG-powered generator.

Mechanically George is in great condition the engine sounds sweet and burns no oil and he comes with a new MoT. We have had him serviced every 3,000 miles. The coachwork is in good condition and all body panels are straight (there is slight fading to front graphics.) All tyres are in good condition and George comes with spare oil and fuel filters. New belts have been fitted to the alternator and air con. There is a spare wheel and tyre, a jack, axle stands and wheel stud socket. The mileage is 50k.

Mentionables: The front near side lower bumper has a small crack. Upholstery is in good condition with some general wear. The driver and passenger captain’s chairs are in A1 condition. Kitchen twin sink has two chips. Replacement of the standard 5ft mattress is advisable and that’s it – George is all you could want in a reliable diesel-pusher American RV at a super price!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  18. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi Keith

your writing skills are far better than mine.. :Blush:

many thanks

jim

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  19. savantuk

savantuk Read Only Funster

I'm a bit like Jim..... if I'm selling something, I'm scrupulously honest about the condition, without running it down.

This way, people believe in you as well as what you are selling, and you don't get people driving 200 or more miles, and leaving disappointed.

Far better to be honest, and having a prospective purchaser thinking it is in better condition than advertised.

Most people, especially buying from eBay, will do lot's of research, and will have a very good idea about what they are buying, and let's be honest, with very few exceptions, a vehicle like a motorhome with 50K miles on the clock, is going to have a few small faults.

20. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi jim, another tip. Ebay lets you use html. So if you have access to an html editor, you can really tidy the text up. You can use colour, bold and italics, list indents etc to really make the advert readable. Then just copy all the code and paste it in. Ebay will the display it properly.