Our Lab.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by RichardnGill, Sep 22, 2007.

1. RichardnGill

RichardnGill Read Only Funster

There must be more dogs just wating to post on here says our Rolo. And he wants to know if he has any Labby freinds out there.:thumb:

[​IMG]

2. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

Lets be inclusive :Laughing: our Roxie will be happy to meet Rolo, although she is a Border Collie :BigGrin: :Wink:

Laurie

3. Supertractorman

Supertractorman Read Only Funster

Our Shauna a Westie who navigates from the passenger seat ( safely belted in ) says that all sites should be classified by number of rabbits and also available sniffing smells in the location.

4. RockieRV

RockieRV Deleted User

It would be interesting to find out what percentage of our members have dogs - and the stories and tips associated with taking your pets with you.

5. Paula

Paula Read Only Funster

We take our little old adopted terrier with us (Minnow) and have just posted a new thread asking about little enclosure fencing suitable to put up at campsites around the m/h - to give her a bit of freedom outside.

Here at home she is more or less a freerange dog - bearing in mind we live a mile and a quarter off any road and have fields all around us - so she prefers being outside when we are parked up.

6. movan

movan Funster Life Member

I have a Llasso Apso (still can't spell it and she's reached ten years old:Doh:) and she loves to come with me in the van. However, for some reason when away I have to keep her on leash when outside the van (not when walking) because she gets carried away with all the exciting smells and wanders off ..... and doesn't have a clue when it comes to sense of direction.... in fact ... a bit like her mum:Blush:

Favourite driving postition is front passenger seat watching where she is going (belted on) and loves to look down on the cars next to us at traffic lights.

Attached Files:

7. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

my greyhound Chatter (she is on the pic in my avatar) likes nothing better than to chill and people/dog watch on site, and if other dogs/people want to come over and say hi she is happy to say hi back.
    Another thing have you all noticed how they just know when you are nearly at your destination, even if you dont say anything - they can be lay down but suddenly ears pricked and sat up they just know they have arrived

8. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

Pluto

I am in the lucky position to not only have lovely owners but a good friend who lives nearby. When they are at work and away (like this weekend) he looks after me like I'm his own dog.
    Sadly, I'm a failed gun dog, Spaniel, as I am missing a few brain cells but I don't bark and am very fit at 2 yrs old.
    My problem was that I lost interest when I couldn't find the kill and so my previous owner was going to send me to the dog pound in the sky. Luckily I was spared that event!
    Sadly my friends wife won't let me accompany them on trips (She says I smell) so sadly won't meet any of you.
    But I'm still hoping!!
    PS What a stupid name for a so called gun dog!!!!:Eeek:

9. movan

Pluto, how dare they!!!! :Eeek: I hope you let them know in no uncertain way with your nose prodding that it is THEY, the humans, that smell. We dogs don't half put up with some flak don't we.:Angry:

Sasha - Llasso Apso

10. ddavewoods

ddavewoods Read Only Funster

Hi I,m Samson (the one with the ears in the avatar) and my sister is Bonnie, I'm a Boerboel, and shes a Staffy, she is very well behaved and just sits in the back of the motorhome, well she is 10 after all, I love to look out of the window and sometimes I like to try and drive, well I am only 8 months old after all :Smile:

11. geoff1947

My Mate

My mate, Geoff has just fed me and wrapped me in my fleece for the night as I sleep out doors in a kennel and it's a bit nippy tonight.
    He said he'd take me up on Princetown on Dartmoor on Wednesday as long as his wiffi doesn't have other plans.
    Wish he'd adopt me but will have to work on that one!!!:Eeek:

Gosh I'm so lucky!:thumb:

12. bmb1uk

bmb1uk Read Only Funster

Yes, he has one black beauty here called Ellie :thumb:

13. Losos

Losos Read Only Funster

That is so sad, I know female humans have a better sense of smell than male humans but does she even try to imagine what it is like for a dog, every one of which can smell at least a thousand times more than any human can (Ten thousand if you're a bloodhound!!)

I hope your friend can persuade his wife to think again and walk a mile in your paws before being so discriminatory. Anyway, I like the smell of my dogs.

14. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

OK....I defy anyone to look at those pictures and not go "AAAAAAAHHHHH" :Smile:. That's gotta be 11/10 on the cuteness scale.

Does she wave to fellow MHers? :BigGrin:

Because if she does, that'll be 100% more response than I've had from the people in the vans I've greeted recently :Sad:

15. movan

Neil, I agree. Lately I have been feeling a bit stupid .... no-one seems to respond. Anyway, as I said before ..... about my daughter ....:BigGrin:

16. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

Yikes....I heard this was a friendly group.... :Rofl1:

Think I'd better deal with this privately :active:

17. movan

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

18. geoff1947

Aiden Dogs Apr10 017.jpg
    that's me on the right My kennel mate Bear in on the left She is a retired gun dog Wish I'd been better at finding things

19. sue1959

sue1959 Read Only Funster

Don't fret Pluto I'm a collie and frightened of sheep!!!! I like playing ball though and pestering my sisters Jess and Pip. I drive my owners nuts wanting to play every minute of the day. But they think I'm so cute they give in a lot of the time, He He He:Rofl1:. I'm a bit bigger than this now though as I'm now 13 months old.

20. geoff1947

sisters

How about you,me and your sisters getting together some time for some fun!!:Eeek: