Our first night out(ish)

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by CandC, May 5, 2014.

1. CandC

CandC Funster Life Member

Well, last night, little C and I had our first night out(ish) in our new to us renault trafic autosleeper! I say ish because it was on my parents' driveway :Wink: for a couple of reasons. I haven't worked out how to get the hotbox heater working yet so we were on extension lead "hookup" in case we needed a fan heater in the night. The sleeping bags, however, kept us toasty warm and we both slept really well. Little C loved being up in the top bunk and we're looking forward to our first "real" trip out.

A few more jobs have been added to my previously overoptemistic to do list, but a couple of friends who have done up caravans etc in the past have kindly offered to help.

One thing I have managed to do is get the gas working to boil a kettle for my morning coffee.... Bye for now! :thumb:

• Like Like x 15
  2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

That's great .... you are now officially a pair of motorhomers and the world is your shell fish:thumb:.

• Like Like x 2
  3. sedge

sedge Funster

No, not a shellfish - a small bi-valve mollusc is what it is.

Have fun exploring it !

• Like Like x 1
  4. CandC

CandC Funster Life Member

Thank you..... I've been called worse :Rofl1:

I'm sure we will! We'll start off with a couple of day trips walking etc until I can get everything up and running with my friends' help. I'm looking forward to sitting in the warm with a freshly made mug of hot chocolate for the two of us after a walk on dartmoor. My target for our first proper trip is the next bank holiday weekend. Fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Sounds as if you have a good plan going, enjoy the rest of your preparation, and next trip away. :thumb:

6. sb8263

sb8263 Funster

enjoy it,,we love being in our MH even if its only a few miles away from home.....:thumb::thumb: