our first motorhome

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by mentaliss, Nov 2, 2012.

1. mentaliss

mentaliss

Good afternoon everyone
    We have come from the 'Mazda Bongo world' and although its a very good campervan the wife and I have had to concede that it is just too small for serious touring. This is our first post and we hope we can find some advice? We have just bought a Swift Bolero 600ek and although it has central locking via the Key Fob the vehicle does not have a cat 1 alarm system ...has anyone had an experience of their vehicle being stolen/theft etc,etc or is an alarm a personal issue

2. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Read Only Funster

Hi Mentaliss, and welcome aboard.

Our Swift came fitted with a cat1 alarm and the only thing I would say is it made the insurance a wee bit cheaper :)

We have been motor homing a total of 4 months so am unqualified to answer the bit around theft, someone will come along in a minute with experience, in the meantime, happy camping

Andy

3. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hello and welcome to Fun, :welcomefunster:

4. billy

billy Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome
    If you have paid thousands for a motorhome then a few hundred quid on an alarm is nothing.
    Put it this way you park it at the side of your house someone comes along at night breaks into it ransacks the inside you will not know until the following day if you have an alarm you would know straight away.

5. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

:party2::welcome::party2:

I don't have a CAT1 alarm. I have the original fitted by Peugeot and a Cobra fitted to the hab area.