Our first little niggle (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Found something wrong with our new moho. There is a cupboard under the foot of one of the beds which has a door on the front but also a lift up lid under the mattress. It has a light in it which we have found since it's gone dark, is permanently on. On the lift up lid, right above the light, is a piece of metal which looks as if it could be some sort of contact. It does touch the top of the light (which is fixed to the side of the cupboard and is approx 1 inch square) but doesn't seem to do anything. We have tried turning all the other lights off but this one stays on. Unfortunately there is a gap top and bottom of cupboard door so the moho is lit up brightly when the lights are off. It's going to be so annoying as I have trouble sleeping if it's not pitch black.

OP
OP
Diggerdi
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
It's not a bulb, it's like a block of four led's in a square.

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Found something wrong with our new moho. There is a cupboard under the foot of one of the beds which has a door on the front but also a lift up lid under the mattress. It has a light in it which we have found since it's gone dark, is permanently on. On the lift up lid, right above the light, is a piece of metal which looks as if it could be some sort of contact. It does touch the top of the light (which is fixed to the side of the cupboard and is approx 1 inch square) but doesn't seem to do anything. We have tried turning all the other lights off but this one stays on. Unfortunately there is a gap top and bottom of cupboard door so the moho is lit up brightly when the lights are off. It's going to be so annoying as I have trouble sleeping if it's not pitch black.
Very much like the fridge light tgen?

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If the light is needed you'll maybe have to get it fixed or add a proper switch. If you'll never need it then you could disable it, you certainly don't want it on 24/7. Looks like you'll be wearing a sleeping mask till you get it sorted :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Perhaps the cupboard is actually the fridge? It's a temperature warning light.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The next most obvious solution and one which all motorhome owners will have employed at times to cover up nuisances ... stick some ruddy gaffer taper on it until you can sort it properly! :D

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
some of my replacement bulbs could be described as a block of 4 leds, check it does not just pull out. not always obvious at first.

Reactions: Jim
Upvote 0

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I spent the best part of a morning establishing that the satellite aerial socket at the front of our new vehicle has absolutely 0% signal coming out of it.

How did I work this out? By connecting the TV set directly to the satellite receiver's own output cable and getting a perfect signal, but unfortunately this was inside the wardrobe, and it'll be a bit cramped fitting both of us into the wardrobe to watch the TV.

We requested an extra 12v socket close to the aerial socket so my guess is the internal aerial cable running from the wardrobe to the front of the vehicle got knocked out of the socket during the fitting. Back to the dealership with it - fortunately not too far from home.

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
First motorhome had an island bed with a wardrobe at each side of the headboard and each wardrobe was illuminated. The lights were operated by a small contact switch which switched the light off when the door was closed.
During one trip, my wardrobe door must have twisted ever so slightly, as the light would not turn off one night, which was a pain as it was illuminating the bedroom from the slight gap around the door.

As a temporary fix, I built up the thickness of the contact plate with strips of insulating tape, which were still there and working perfectly when the van was traded in two years later.

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
First motorhome had an island bed with a wardrobe at each side of the headboard and each wardrobe was illuminated. The lights were operated by a small contact switch which switched the light off when the door was closed.
During one trip, my wardrobe door must have twisted ever so slightly, as the light would not turn off one night, which was a pain as it was illuminating the bedroom from the slight gap around the door.

As a temporary fix, I built up the thickness of the contact plate with strips of insulating tape, which were still there and working perfectly when the van was traded in two years later.
Ditto! Exactly what I did, although we did eventually get it fixed properly.

Upvote 0

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've got an annoying flashing light above my bed. I've fixed it with double sided foam tape. I can't switch off. It's a smoke alarm.

Upvote 0

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
I DO NOT KNOW IF MY WIFE SMOKES IN BED I HAVE NEAVER LOOKED ray xx lol still lol but if I can I will bring a little light into my fusters friends life:imoutahere:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back