Our first Christmas in a motorhome - and with kids (1 Viewer)

NeilEmma

Free Member
Oct 31, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Arapaho
Exp
September 2016
Would really appreciate some help!

We are two months into a 12 month European tour and are newbie motor homers.

We have been to France, Spain and Portugal (currently in Albufeira), and are looking to move across south coast of Spain and not sure after there.

No idea where to be for Christmas and trying to plan as I'm conscious we will probably need to book. We are considering Spain, southern Italy or Greece (the latter two by ferry) until March-ish time and don't really mind how slow or fast we travel as long as there's stuff to keep the kids occupied.

The kids are 5 and 3. They both love swimming and play areas. We have a car. Any recommendations for where to spend Christmas would be gratefully received.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome :WelcomeFlag:loving the year out adventures with the little ones. I'm sure others will come along and advise but booking sounds necessary I think!
Santa can deliver anywhere! Have a great time!

OP
OP
N

NeilEmma

Free Member
Oct 31, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Arapaho
Exp
September 2016
Thanks Anthea!! I am just having a little look at Benidorm and the likes - I've found Camping La Marina in Alicante which looks fab. Price halves if you book for 61 days + but long time to commit incase we want to move on. Although it seems a lot of people do long term stays over winter so maybe it's what we should be going for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF
Cannot help with your question but full of admiration for your adventure.
Hope you get a useful reply but if not do post again if this falls off the page.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Can't help sorry , but it sounds as though you are giving those children a fantastic start(y)

Enjoy.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Hi there, what a great adventure, one your children will remember forever. I have no idea, but am sure others will. Enjoy and good luck. I've only spent a couple of days in Spain but Peniscola is lovely. Fab beach, glorious castle. If that helps. (y)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and welcome. Wherever you choose enjoy. :)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
There are a lot of long stayers in winter in Spain but there won't be many kids amongst them! Except, perhaps, over the Christmas holiday period. Bear this in mind if booking for a few months.

Saying that, your kids will have a lot of adopted grandparents!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back