On holidays ...at last! (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Big smile on my face today when I finally left home in Max. Destination ....Portugal.... Quinta Majay.... and his owner: JJ!
I thought I would never managed to leave home. Having been flooded (..yes , I know... AGAIN!) just the night before, I was in a real bad state this morning. You're going to laugh but after having fighted against the elements in fury, I was soooo soaked, my trousers were too heavy with the water and fell on my wellington boots, leaving my not so little bottom, with nearly nothing on. As it was midnight , and blowing a gale, my disfortune could not be seen by any living soul! phewwww!
Anyway, I have reached Urrugne at 8.15, on the French side of the spanish border , and am right now at the camping Larrouletta, having left Balma at 5.00 I thought Max had done a pretty good job: 326 kms in 3 hours and 15 minutes. My old boy ran really well.
I will leave this campsite tomorrow mid morning and drive to Valladolid where I will spend my second night of holidays.
Anyone in Larrouletta at the moment?

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
You're going to laugh but after having fighted against the elements in fury, I was soooo soaked, my trousers were too heavy with the water and fell on my wellington boots, leaving my not so little bottom, with nearly nothing on. As it was midnight , and blowing a gale, my disfortune could not be seen by any living soul! phewwww!

Time and time again .....

I have to say a story is nothing without ....

Photo`s..... :giggler:

Have a great holiday Frankie..... :hugs: :lips: :lips:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Big smile on my face today when I finally left home in Max. Destination ....Portugal.... Quinta Majay.... and his owner: JJ!
I thought I would never managed to leave home. Having been flooded (..yes , I know... AGAIN!) just the night before, I was in a real bad state this morning. You're going to laugh but after having fighted against the elements in fury, I was soooo soaked, my trousers were too heavy with the water and fell on my wellington boots, leaving my not so little bottom, with nearly nothing on. As it was midnight , and blowing a gale, my disfortune could not be seen by any living soul! phewwww!
Anyway, I have reached Urrugne at 8.15, on the French side of the spanish border , and am right now at the camping Larrouletta, having left Balma at 5.00 I thought Max had done a pretty good job: 326 kms in 3 hours and 15 minutes. My old boy ran really well.
I will leave this campsite tomorrow mid morning and drive to Valladolid where I will spend my second night of holidays.
Anyone in Larrouletta at the moment?
Oh Frankie so good to hear that you are on your way at last...have a fab time and relax when you get there ...give himself a hug from us too ...xxx

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hi,don’t know you from Adam,sorry I mean Eve, but always find your comments useful and erm..... lovely
....... So have a super time,and don’t eat too many pies?!:)

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Bon vacances!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Frankie
JJ has been too busy entertaining---- sorry, working with his new groundsman to do too much cleaning/tidying!!!!!!!
Last week was the first time we visited QMJ since the fire cleaned it up!!!!!!!! We were totally staggered at the openness of it all!!!! We should have known what to expect as we had the fires go through our place but it was still a shock!!!!! --- have a very relaxing and stress free time there!!!
Nigel Pamala and Cheyne

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
yodeli I'm another you haven't met but enjoy your posts, have been to Toulouse quite a few times should have contacted you.
Have a wonderful stress free holiday, you deserve one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Can’t believe going to visit a rufty tufty like JJ with his Fray Bentos pies is considered a holiday for a refined french girl. But chacun à son goût, as we say in France :D2

Bon vacances!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Have a great holiday sorry you got soaked, nicer weather waiting for you hopefully. JJ had been working his socks off for you ill guess to welcome his princess?
Wow, driving that many miles in one go! I don't like to do many more than 200. Happy holidays.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back