Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We've had our current van for 18 months. It's a late 2007 model so it's seen a bit of life. On this latest trip we noticed that the water was draining very slowly from the wash hand basin so, feeling brave, I took the drainage pipes off this morning, took them apart and investigated. Oh dear! full of slime, dead hair and skin, absolutely disgusting. It explains the slow drainage though.
Bleeee :sick:
Mags

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
download (2).jpg

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Think what the bottom of your grey tank is like.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Obviously previously owned purely by men ... ;) No way you and Shirley could have added to that pile of hair from shaving, dead skin because you use moisturiser ... and gunge ... well.. that's just men aint it.

Errrm .. is there a man out there who can help me take MY drainage pipe off please to check on my gunge .. I can't undo it. :( ..

Sorry.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Obviously previously owned purely by men ... ;) No way you and Shirley could have added to that pile of hair from shaving, dead skin because you use moisturiser ... and gunge ... well.. that's just men aint it.

Errrm .. is there a man out there who can help me take MY drainage pipe off please to check on my gunge .. I can't undo it. :( ..

Sorry.
What a cheek.... ;)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
We just chuck down Mr Muscle every few months :)

Doesn't Mrs Muscle complain - throwing her man down the sink so often? :eek:

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
We just bought a sink plunger from the chinese bazaar in Castellon Grau the other day, as our kitchen sink was a reluctant drainer..
Put some rapid drain cleaner down for 10 mins, filled the sink half way and gave it a good plunging ((As you do )) Big glugging noise and problems solved..
I found that the WOMAN who designed the 30mm pipework for the drains, had put a right angle at the bottom of the sink run.. Totally inaccessible.. Marvelous ! ! !
So I will now PLUNGE more regularly ! ! ! ;);););)
Mitch.
PS.. Put the plugs in all the other sinks before you do it...

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I drop a biological washing capsule into my sink and let it slowly dissolve .don't know if it breaks sludge etc down with the action but I don't have any sink issues and water draining our of grey water tank runs clear..

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
We just bought a sink plunger from the chinese bazaar in Castellon Grau the other day, as our kitchen sink was a reluctant drainer..
Put some rapid drain cleaner down for 10 mins, filled the sink half way and gave it a good plunging ((As you do )) Big glugging noise and problems solved..
I found that the WOMAN who designed the 30mm pipework for the drains, had put a right angle at the bottom of the sink run.. Totally inaccessible.. Marvelous ! ! !
So I will now PLUNGE more regularly ! ! ! ;);););)
Mitch.
PS.. Put the plugs in all the other sinks before you do it...
I've always been a bit worried about plungering the motorhome pipes. Wanted to, but haven't chanced it. They're not as robust as domestic household drainage and some parts could be held in place by only jubilee clips which, after years in my van, might not clap as much as they are meant to or used to and, knowing my luck, I'd probably end up with a leak in an inexcessable place. I leave it to just the chemicals and rinse lots afterwards, that way it'll clean the pipes as it runs down into the waste tank.

I also add this to the grey tank, as it's an excellent cleaner. I mix it in a large quantity and then part pour down each plughole to do the pipes at the same time. It also cleans the fresh tank as well:)
IMG_0263.JPG

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I've always been a bit worried about plungering the motorhome pipes. Wanted to, but haven't chanced it. They're not as robust as domestic household drainage and some parts could be held in place by only jubilee clips which, after years in my van, might not clap as much as they are meant to or used to and, knowing my luck, I'd probably end up with a leak in an inexcessable place. I leave it to just the chemicals and rinse lots afterwards, that way it'll clean the pipes as it runs down into the waste tank.

I also add this to the grey tank, as it's an excellent cleaner. I mix it in a large quantity and then part pour down each plughole to do the pipes at the same time. It also cleans the fresh tank as well:)
View attachment 142237
I find the best way to clear the odd blockage, is to get the wife to shout into the waste pipe, using the same amount of decibels she uses to shout down my ear. Any simple sentence will do, like HOW DARE YOU CALL MY MOTHER A WITCH, YOU LIMP DICK EXCUSE FOR A MAN!
Problem sorted. No self respecting drain slime can survive in such a confined space, and will quickly melt into oblivion. Like I do. :(

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Sorry.

I know a few who could(y) but cant think of any who would want to:LOL:

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back