Now we know what the garage is for.... (1 Viewer)

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Having never had one, we've always wondered what folk find to put in their garage that they can't find space for in the MH or do without. Now, having sat for two days on a Spanish beach car park rationing our water supply as there's no facilities here, it's all become clear. All around us, men have been going in and out of their garages all day bringing out water. They've been washing their vans, cleaning their windows, washing their dog and generally acting as if they have more water than they know what to do with, whilst there's us using the washing up water to make a cup of tea with and only flushing the toilet every 6 wees.

Note to self: change MH for one with garage :love::love::love:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We've got more than enough water here at the moment in El Rocio it rained all night and most of today and is still poring down don't need the garage though;)

OP
OP
Twogirls

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
And to add insult to injury, the toilet light has come on and there's nowhere to empty it (we've been wild camping 4 days). I suppose you garage-owners keep several spare cassettes in the garage as well....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And to add insult to injury, the toilet light has come on and there's nowhere to empty it (we've been wild camping 4 days). I suppose you garage-owners keep several spare cassettes in the garage as well....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Just one:LOL:

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015

Guilty of both. :) Water & spare cassette in the garage (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

No... just a spade and a torch .. ;)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
You need a spare pee container. We have a 5 litre black plastic petrol can and a small jug (not to be used for anything else) - add a little liquid soap and some water to the can and then ...
You can read about our fun with this idea
Have fun
x x

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Instead of flushing the loo with the onboard cistern flusher use a 5 litre garden pump up spray to wash /spay the pan with-removes most waste with little water. Requires an extra couple of cassette shakes to empty but prolongs the waste emptying a couple of days(y)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
What you both need is a couple of she wees!
https://www.snowandrock.com/p/shewe...na4mzctZ8AAOeIAcGaMxtBoCuIzw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Easy to use when youve done it a few times.
If blokes can do it ..........
Great when out on a country walk, behind a tree. You can even write your name in the snow when you get the hang of it :rofl:

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Having never had one, we've always wondered what folk find to put in their garage that they can't find space for in the MH or do without. Now, having sat for two days on a Spanish beach car park rationing our water supply as there's no facilities here, it's all become clear. All around us, men have been going in and out of their garages all day bringing out water. They've been washing their vans, cleaning their windows, washing their dog and generally acting as if they have more water than they know what to do with, whilst there's us using the washing up water to make a cup of tea with and only flushing the toilet every 6 wees.

Note to self: change MH for one with garage :love::love::love:
Youre fully aware I use mine for screwing practice !

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Not a garage but a large boot on my S700 Hymer. I carried an extra 60 litres of water and a spare toilet cassette in the boot while wild parking in Spain for the last 6 years. We could easily go a week to 10 days before needing a service point. With a payload of 1350kg I had no weight problems.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth

Yes.

Modern vans have woefully small cassettes , one in , one out.

No matter how big the garage is, its never big enough. My Renault 7.5 Tonner had a garage that was big enough for 3 motorcycles , and a full size fridge.. you just find more stuff to carry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back