Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Norfolk has its good points, but the holiday makers drive everyone to distraction during the season

I'll let you know about the holiday makers tomorrow after I've spent a night at Salhouse Broad on the boat. Lots of wine I wont hear them ::bigsmile:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Didnt moor up on Salhouse but moored on Black Horse Broad, lovely evening and very peaceful

Jul 24, 2009
Summer in UK, then NZ
Funster No
MH
Cabover
Exp
Since 2002
If you just need to buy serious stuff in Norfolk, try Brian Ward at Brundall (shop is next to the railway station). They supply all the electrical gismos and more for the boat industry. Also, they'd point you in the right direction for getting things done. They're brilliant for things like lighting, solar, inverters, batteries and lots of other things you didn't know you needed. Tanya is very clued up on all the stuff and their prices are very fair too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Cruising Comet

Free Member
Jun 24, 2010
North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi-Top
Exp
1st season
In my experience the best place for repairs, servicing etc. is Link Removed . The best accessory shop is definitely www.norwichcamping.co.uk

Good luck!

Bobt

Contacted Darran at demmotorcaravans and one'ce again "NO RESPONSE" :Sad:

I really don't understand these people, seems like "The Norm" to not reply to emails or follow up call backs, are they all that busy that they simply don't have to care about customer services or having a good reputation?

These people advertise stating they carry out habitation checks, servicing and fitting of accessories but yet they all fail to respond when you enquire! :swear:

I know "Norfolk" people are known for being laid back, but c'mon guys........ pull yer fingers out!!:helptitanic:

On a more positive note Broadland Leisure Vehicles did respond, but say they need the vehicle to be left with them for 2 days to carry out a habitation check? If we drop it off on saturday we can collect it wednesday? Not sure why it takes so long but least they replied.

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
We are in Norfolk near to King's Lynn and were thinking of just taking our van to the local caravan dealership in the village and getting them to do the habitation checks, it's not like it is anything to do with the motor part of the van, so they are basically the same checks I would have thought. Has anyone done this?

Our smoke alarm is the optical type it came in a twin pack from Aldi last year cost about £9, the only major downside to it is condensation from cooking in winter sets it off if I don't have at least one window as well as a roof vent open. Glenn got our carbon monoxide detector from Screwfix we didn't want an all in one type as smoke detectors are usually situated higher than the carbon monoxide detectors.

I know what you mean about the traffic in Norfolk during the holiday season, but it's no where near as bad as living in some other parts of the country like Cornwall for instance. We just make sure we don't need to go into town on a Friday night, Saturday or Sunday night as the traffic heading for the coast is bumper to bumper :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tina

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
norfolk help

Try Greentrees near Dereham, they have a good selection of bits and bobs and a workshop too. Good luck.Mitch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We've just had ours serviced and habitation check at Simpsons in Great Yarmouth from where we purchased, £328

Dale

www.waveneyrivercentre.co.uk- Norfolk Meet in November 5th-7th, or longer if you wish

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back