No Signal being received by Sky+hd Box - help please!! (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 yrs
Ready to go in a couple of days - brought out the Sky+hd box to the MH. Plugged back in correctly - photos taken when it was removed (and working) in September. Turned on Tracvision R4 automatic signal finder - it finds the signal (stops whirring) but sky box doesn't seem to agree and advises no signal!

Sky box was working in house, did a back up on sky box, husband moved MH, got signal again (no whirring after it appeared to lock on) turned all electrics off, waited and repeated - still nothing - no signal reported by sky box on avtex TV (normally find Sky TV on HDMI1 on Avtex TV)

Plugged in extension cable from Input 1 on sky box directly into TV, changed Avtex to Satellite TV and got approx 94 channels, no radio and not all the freeview stations.

Not sure what to do next apart from phone Eddie at Vanbitz tomorrow morning! Someone has suggest it could be corroded LNB's but if that was the case then surely I wouldn't have got any tv progs when I changed onto Satellite TV.
Please, can anyone advise/help or point me in the right direction - Many Thanks!

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Freeview stations are not all on satellite - different system.

Dave

roger7

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
having found Asra 2 using your Avtex sat set you will need to reboot the sky box. takes about 3 mins before it recieves a signal and a further minute to initialize.
Also need to to transfer sat dish output from avtex set to sky box.
Sky box output to avtex tv through hdmi 1 or 2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back