No more MH parking at Seacroft Road, Mablethorpe

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by GJH, Sep 29, 2016.

1. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I had an e-mail this evening from (now read only) Funster Chris (freelanderuk) telling me that height barriers have been erected at Seacroft Road as a result of traveller incursion.

Further research turned up a Mablethorpe Equality Analysis report linked from the Parking Information page on the council's web site which identifies that traveller incursion is not the only reason. The abuse also included people in motor homes staying overnight.

The report does also say that they will make alternative parking "available at other locations that are not as centrally located as those foreshore car parks affected by the proposals" but where that is remains to be seen. I've asked the council to let me know.

It's worth pointing out to those who say "there was no sign saying overnight sleeping was banned" that this is the sort of thing that can happen. As a result (partially) of abuse by motorhomers, no motorhomes can now use that car park even during the day.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. buttons

buttons Funster

It is a common factor but it is never anyone's fault. Good business if you are a hight barrier erector.

3. RidersofRohan

RidersofRohan Funster

Wouldn't it be better to fine the culprits rather than punish the innocent?

• Like Like x 1
  4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

The report I mentioned discusses a number of options with the pros and cons of various options. The alternatives were "deemed to be less appropriate than the proposed solution due to their cost implications and their ability to effectively prevent the misuse.".
    Councils have to look at the overall public interest and, whilst barriers might "punish" innocent motorhomers, the alternatives would "punish" people in general by both taking more out of their pockets and being less effective in solving the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I've had a reply from East Lindsey Council already and the situation isn't as bad as it might have been.
    Good to see that they have been as flexible as possible.

• Thanks Thanks x 1