Free Member
Dec 20, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E460
Exp
New
Just getting ready for 1st real trip in new motorhome (5 yr old Bessacarr E460) and I cant get the Truma S 3002 gas heater to work. No clicking on the igniter. Feeling underneath the Truma front cover, the box where I think the battery goes seems loose. Is that normal? How do you replace the battery? Any help really appreciated. Thanks.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
It may not help, but here are some basic instructions, just in case it's something really simple ;)

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
the box has has a small cover on it but its a bit fiddly. stick a new battery in it and itll probably sort it out

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

pvsdb

Free Member
Dec 20, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E460
Exp
New
Thanks appreciate your help. I expect it may just be a dud battery but how to you replace it? Picture shows it is in a plastic compartment at the base of the unit. Is this supposed to slip under the front cover or does the cover have to come off? Anybody know? Thanks.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It'll probably slip out below the cover - however you can simply lift the cover off by springing the lower, rear, corners outwards slightly. Then gently pull the cover towards you. Once the lower sides are clear it will lift upwards & detach altogether. You might find this useful:

Link Removed

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Slide the battery cover up. It is bit of a fiddle to do but if you lie on the floor you can see it better.
Take note which way the battery ( AA if I remember ) is fitted.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
This happened to us when we were on the P& R at Canterbury last February. Tried a new battery (several in fact) with no luck. After a very cold night we went to www.premiercaravanservices.co.uk just outside Canterbury where it took him all of five minutes to fit a new Pietzo igniter. £50 cash fitted. The fiddliest part was putting the heater cover back on correctly!

Hope a battery fixes it for you!!

OP
OP
P

pvsdb

Free Member
Dec 20, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E460
Exp
New
Thanks for your help - problem solved. It was the igniter battery. The box the battery slots into is lying loose on the floor. Very difficult to access. I thought changing the battery had failed as I couldn't hear any click, but then it ignited and fired up. (I gave up trying to remove the heater cover - nothing worked).
I think I had added to the problem by not leaving the dial at zero. I suspect the unit keeps trying to ignite (silently) until the battery eventually dies. Anyway problem solved with your help.

First time on this forum and very impressed. No doubt I;ll be back. Tomorrow!

Thanks guys and have a great Christmas.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back