No Co-ordinates on Tom Tom Xl IQ

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Restlessmum, May 4, 2011.

1. Restlessmum

Restlessmum Read Only Funster

Spent days researching which sat nav to buy and having used various Tom Tom's for years with co-ordinates it didn't occur to us to check that it had them- though we did for every other sat nav we looked into! Complete shock when we got said sat nav home to find that though it would give the co-ordinates of where you are it did not provide facility to input any. Tom Tom were not particularly helpful when I complained and said it was to provide a simpler version for people. I have never found inputing c-ordinates particularly complicated - other than making sure you get them right. We ended up exchanging for Garmin Nuvi. Grrrr

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

There are signs TT has got too big for it's boots, upsetting loads of people.

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I've had the TT One XL Europe since 2007 .. great bit of kit, but as the maps are out of date and the battery is goosed thought I'd replace with the XL IQ .. but this would be a deal breaker for me too.. inputing GPS co-ords is a must have .. thanks for the heads up.

4. JJ

JJ Funster

As many Funsters know I am a huge Tom Tom fan...

I don't know exactly what is meant by "co-ordinates" but longitude and latitudes my Tom Tom deals with in his sleep (when drunk)....

JJ

ps. TOM TOM ROOLS OK?

5. Onderweg

Onderweg Funster

Now that is awful.

We dont have a TomTom (probably because it is a Dutch brand :Rofl1:) but we experienced the same as you did. We bought a Navigon just before our holidays and found out it could not handle coordinates as well :Doh:

After three weeks of use i returned to the shop and explained that coordinates were vital for our use of a SatNav. Got it exchanged for a correct model at once.

But the story didnt end there, approximately 6 months later i found out that the East coordinates were not correct in parts of England and Portugal. Returned again to the shop and after a thoroughl check by the manufacturer they had to admit it was due to a software error.

Again the SatNav was replaced and now by their latest model in which the software was corrected.

I wonder whether this totally different attitude is due to the manufacturer, luck or because i can play the "pathetic man" :Blush:

Anyway i think that, if goods dont meet expectations, any seller should consider an exchange

Paul and Ineke

6. Restlessmum

Restlessmum Read Only Funster

My expectation too was that Tom Tom would handle 'latitude and longitude' in its sleep and that was why we were so shocked that the model we bought did not have this feature. When navigating to aires in France and campsites generaly in Europe it is really useful to have this. Hope the Nuvi (which does do coordinates) is up to the job as we are off to France on Friday!
    Bridget

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  7. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

All I will say is my dealings with Tom Tom were terrible

Without doubt the worst, rudest customer care people in the business world :Angry:

8. JJ

JJ Funster

And your wrath resulted in my gain John...:Rofl1

JJ

:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Indeed good sir ! And if it be true, that old adage 'as you pass through life, try to increase at least one man's happiness', Tom Tom inadvertently have started their path to heaven ! :thumb: