Newton Farm, ‘our secret’ 🙄 till we joined here 😁 (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Stayed here a while ago, Brendan was here and he asked if we had walked to the chapel along the beach . We hadn’t so we did 👍

Today decided to walk down again, knowing we had four hours till high tide we need to go or leave it till tomorrow

Well we should have left it till tomorrow 🙄🤔 worth the walk, tiny chapel built in 1768 for prayer and contemplation

View attachment 826341View attachment 826342View attachment 826343

Trouble is we appear to have contemplated too long and got rather wet going round the rocks that seemed a long way from the incoming tide on the way out 🤔😁

"We should have left it till tomorrow ". Haha, we now know why don’t we David. 🤭🫣

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Must just say..this is an amazing beachside campsite, our first time here after chatting with David at Lyndon Top earlier in the year prompted us to give it a go. So glad we did. 😎👍
Got your little van down there OK Steve (y) watching with interest;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Looks a lovely spot for my Kayak (y)
Do you know what Martin..I thought long and hard whether to bring our kayak with us, but decided against it in the end, instead taking it to our storage container. Can kick myself now of coarse, looks perfect for it. 🤦‍♂️

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Steve and Karen TheAleMan have moved on

IMG_1323.jpeg

IMG_1322.jpeg

Enjoyed meeting up again 👍

They are heading to the new aire just beyond Stranraer , not been ourselves and awaiting their review

We have been to where used to be a favourite eating and gift shopping spot in Gatehouse , until today that is, no gifts anymore and service was at best average 🙁 nice eggs Benedict though so we leave well fed 👍

Our personal parking space had been left for us 🙂👍

IMG_1324.jpeg
IMG_1325.jpeg

Now shopping in Castle Douglas replenishing beer stock 😁

IMG_1326.jpeg

Must not forget I was sent in for food as well 🙄🤣

We are then heading for a new to us overnight, courtesy of the forum so a fair exchange for Newton Farm

Loch Doon here we come 👍

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Steve and Karen TheAleMan have moved on

View attachment 827024

View attachment 827023

Enjoyed meeting up again 👍

They are heading to the new aire just beyond Stranraer , not been ourselves and awaiting their review

We have been to where used to be a favourite eating and gift shopping spot in Gatehouse , until today that is, no gifts anymore and service was at best average 🙁 nice eggs Benedict though so we leave well fed 👍

Our personal parking space had been left for us 🙂👍

View attachment 827025View attachment 827026

Now shopping in Castle Douglas replenishing beer stock 😁

View attachment 827027

Must not forget I was sent in for food as well 🙄🤣

We are then heading for a new to us overnight, courtesy of the forum so a fair exchange for Newton Farm

Loch Doon here we come 👍

Was a lovely few days we spent with you guy’s David & Bev, will never forget the trip to the little chapel 🤭🤫 Glad to see you got your 7 Giraffe’s, we will be on the hunt for that one ourselves after your recommendation 👍 Enjoy the rest of your holiday. 😊 We are on the Scar Park Aire now just North of Stranraer and it is very nice, especially as we have it to ourselves 😎 I imagine very dark nights here, lots of bird life around as you would expect being right next to the loch, and walks from site too. I’m pretty sure in saying there is a bus route straight into Stranraer also. £10 pn incl water and toilet emptying. £5 for just water and toilet - no stop. Seems reasonable to me.😎👍 P&O and Stena operate from far bank into Ireland, so I would imagine a good stopover for that alone.👍

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Information for Scar Park Aire near Stranraer if anyone is interested….

This is a 5 van Aire only on a first come first serve basis. The Aire can be booked up and paid for online beforehand as we did.

1BDB01F0-BDFA-4B9D-9C5D-5B4B3C57E35E.jpeg 558DDAFF-298F-4694-8D8D-4C8B0FE37AA7.jpeg

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Information for Scar Park Aire near Stranraer if anyone is interested….

This is a 5 van Aire only on a first come first serve basis. The Aire can be booked up and paid for online beforehand as we did.

View attachment 827125 View attachment 827126
We stayed there it was the only operational raf base that didn’t have a runway as it was for flying boats. The hard standing where you park used to be full of short Sunderland flying boats.

There are great photos on the internet of planes parked all over that area.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
We stayed there it was the only operational raf base that didn’t have a runway as it was for flying boats. The hard standing where you park used to be full of short Sunderland flying boats.

There are great photos on the internet of planes parked all over that area.
It’s a great park up and I’ve done a bit of Googling on the planes that used to operate from here.👍 Pitches are huge by the way.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
You know , don’t tease 🤔👍

Bought a couple of these from Aldi, that’s a cracking beer 👍

View attachment 825951View attachment 825952

And gluten free, could even be described as good for me 😁
Yes, managed to get some 7 Giraffes David. What a stunning beer it is..don't mind if I do.
You know , don’t tease 🤔👍

Bought a couple of these from Aldi, that’s a cracking beer 👍

View attachment 825951View attachment 825952

And gluten free, could even be described as good for me 😁
Yes, managed to get our hands on some 7 Giraffes. Wow what a stunning beer this is. Don't mind if I do. 😎🍻🍻 Thanks for the nod on this one David. 😊

20231030_170042.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back