Free Member
May 20, 2014
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Low profile.
Exp
since 2009
:Eeek: hi 1 & all, joined here mainly to ask questions about TOWBARS & SCOOTER carriers,
we have a swift belero 680fb, on a Ducato base 2008. And we would like to purchase a scooter, which obviously we'd want to take with us, but as with most of internet I get lost n out of my depth, when searching for ssaid items. So can any 1 help with....
1. The type of carrier best suited to our vehicle.
2. Where to look to find said item.
3. Does anyone already have carrier and scooter set up, and would like to furnish me with information.
many thanks new boy. Terry.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, if you want a answer to a specific question start a thread with the eg Help Scooter Rack...people with the knowledge about that can then help.

Ask any questions they usually get a response that will help. :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
Hi, well your spoilt for choice I guess, I looked at many bikes and scooters and finally ended up with a Honda SH 300i scooter. Reason a scooter and not a motorbike, was and still is that my other half, cannot get her leg over the saddle of a motorbike, but can step through and slide onto the pillion seat of the scooter. (she has Rheumatoid arthritis). The scooter weighs in at 160kg and is man enough to carry both of us and do a comfortable 70mph, with the shopping, it has storage under the saddle and a top box and a Givi screen. We picked it up second hand with only 2000miles on the clock. The trailer is from Armitage Trailers
www.armitagetrailers.com, It is only 5ft long as it is a transverse trailer, saves on the ferries and it tows like a dream, one drawback is that it doesn't reverse well, but mist small trailers don't, but pretty easy to decouple it and move by hand with the jockey wheel. Original tow bar fitted by Armitage as well, but on the new van, its a PWS tow bar. Anyway best of luck in your searches, hope that helps:Smile:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, to look through past threads about any item that might interest you, click on the search bar, third from the left under the Motorhome Fun banner then follow the instructions. There have been many threads about scooters both on the back of a motorhome or towed etc. :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Moody, I hope you cracking open the smiles soon::bigsmile: Welcome to the fun:thumb:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to Fun
best motorhome related £10.00 I have ever spent.

cant help with the Scooter rack but someone will.

Mel

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi and :welcome:. Will we be meeting you at the Lincoln Show? A good chance to pick brains and have some fun:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back