Free Member
Aug 13, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet!
Exp
Hi all
Just a quick 1st post (be gentle...!) Hubbie and I have hired an Autoroller 656 for a week starting this Saturday - never done this before so it will be a voyage of discovery in more ways than one...
I've so many questions it's hard to know where to start ... we thought hiring would give us an idea of what's what - and I don't think it will put us off as this is all part of the bigger plan...
We are very lucky to be able to take a year out (grown up gap year...) and part of this trip next week will be visits to RV dealers - done a fair bit of research on what we want - but, I guess it would be nice to hear from the experts (you guys...!) as to any definite 'do's and don'ts'...
Be on the road next January so time is short - so, any tips, ideas, contacts, info etc etc...
thankyou!
Sue and Andrew...

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Sue & Andrew and welcome to fun, enjoy your week end in the motorhome, make sure you take a pen & paper with you and write down all the queries that crop up in your mind.

When you have any specific questions be it about travel or the motorhome you choose I am sure someone will have a answer for you :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
:welcome: to the madhouse
best tip i was given was to buy a second hand van that way there was no vat and any problems are normally ironed out by the previous owner watch out for the hard sell some dealers will give you and normally you just use your instinct (OR THE WIFES) mine walked into the 1 we bought and that was it after around 5mins job done

robinwickens

Free Member
Oct 3, 2012
Bromyard
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2nd Year
I've yet to come across a one size fits all!
Bear in mind that you may have additional expense to make your new away from it all home fit your needs and budget accordingly.
Once you have it as you want it the world's your oyster and you will have sooooooo much fun!

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
there is much advice available.... my 2p worth is:-

Bed / Beds.:thumb:... a weekend away or even 2 weeks away on a make shift or not the most comfotable bed is ok..:RollEyes:. longer than that ; several weeks or months / years is different. ( unless your club 18 - 30 then you have different needs ) :ROFLMAO:

make sure you can sleep well.:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rustie

Free Member
Aug 13, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet!
Exp
Wow!... thankyou so much everyone for your comments and such a warm welcome... :D

Tummy is doing summersaults with excitement....not only about the week coming, but our bigger plan for next year...cant wait!

Advice about beds - oh yeah! I reckon next to hubbie, kids and a glass of the cold stuff, a good night's sleep is one of life's essentials... that's one of the reasons we will be looking at larger RVs - we are planning a significant time on our travels so a good bed is right at the top of the list...

We'll be back with questions - bet on that...
Thankyou all again :thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Don't forget to consider any implications the LEZ may have on your choice. (If it applies at all?)

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
some rv's cause you problems with size and pitch's
as for beds we have a fixed rear bed which is great but when or if we change the mh we would still get a fixed rear but a front 1 that pulls down instead of having to make the front 1 up but other than that its still great and you will have wondered why it took you so long to get a mh have fun

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back