Newbie Benimar advice needed please

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by benimardriver, Aug 18, 2012.

1. benimardriver

benimardriver Read Only Funster

Hi everyone,
    We are concidering purchasing our first motorhome having had a caravan for several years. Now the kids have grown up and not around or interested in heaving the caravan into position on the drive we have decided to look at motorhomes . In particular the Benimar 6000 st ( We prefer the U shaped rear lounge ) . Can I please ask for some advice ..has anyone got any tips / suggestions or comments good and bad about this model . What kind of mpg can you expect Also if there is anyone interested in selling one please let us know.

Thanks in advance

Colin:thumb:

2. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Sorry, can't help with the Bennimar but :welcome: to the site.:thumb:

3. whatta

whatta Funster

Benimar 6000st

Hi Colin

Welcome to this Club.

I had a Benimar 6000st from 2001 until 2006. 1 year old with 3149 miles on the clock when I bought it. 27866 miles on the clock when I traded it in for my current 'van. Calculated average of 26.05 mpg over the term.

Like you I knew nothing about motorhomes - still don't - but the spec and quality of the Benimar seemed as good as anything else on the market and better than UK vans built at that time.

As a solo I used the rear lounge as a fixed bed. From the solar panel to the electric corner steadies (via the microwave, external BBQ point and loads of other factory-fitted gizmos standard on the Benimar but extra on UK vans) it proved a superb first van.

The local dealer's window price was £275 less than the price I'd bought it for :Eeek: and the next time I saw it was a couple of years ago back in his compound looking very poorly....sporting a tow-rope.

Good luck in your search for the right van.

4. benimardriver

benimardriver Read Only Funster

Thanks for your reply and sharing your experience of owning this make of motorhome

Is it an acceptable size for most campsites and is manouverability good ?

Thanks

Colin

5. whatta

whatta Funster

From memory, just over 22 ft. Not bad for ferry prices. No problems on campsites.

There used to be a Benimar Owners Club. Try googling their website for more up to date info.

All the best.

Peter S