Newbee from the Netherland (1 Viewer)

B

bertram

Deleted User
Hello camperfriends,
My name is Bert and I live with my wife José in Groningen, the Netherlands.
Since august we are the owners of a Dethleff I 532. May be a little bit old (1991)
but good enough for our goals. The first big trip we intend to make is a visit to
the North Cape in Norway. Quite a long round trip: 9.000 kilometers.
When we have gained enough experience with proper driving on the right hand side,
we hope to visit your country as well. We will first have to find out how difficult it will
be with the steering wheel at the left hand side of the car.

Regards,

Bert

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Bert and José

Don't worry about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road, we do it every time we venture across the channel. You get used to it very quickly.

Welcome to the fun:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hello Bert & Jose',

Welcome to MHFun.

Don't worry too much about the steering wheel being on the left whilst driving here in the UK. We too have a "left hooker", and it is easier to drive in the UK, than a "right hooker" is to drive in mainland Europe. Jose' might not agree as she will be sat in the "suicide" seat. :roflmto:

Cheers, :drink:

Jock & Rita.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hello Bert & Jose, welcome to the fun site:Smile: your m/h is not old, as long as it ticks all your boxes and makes you happy thats all that matters, enjoy,:thumb:

ruth

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, Bert & Jose, welcome to this very friendly site. Enloy your trip- seems a big one to start with. Good luck anyway.
Dave &Jen:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi, Bert & Jose, welcome to the fun site, we have another member in Holland, Onderweg, (Paul and Ineke), Paul is often in the chatroom late at night from 23.00 GMT, If you would like to meet him do just log into chat. I am always there anyway.
Enjoy your trip, wish it was me.

11hf4eo.jpg

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
Hallo Bert & Jose,
love your part of the world, usually head for Dokkum, Woudsend - over the Afsluitdijk of course,
then down to Overijssel, Gelderland and Limburg before heading back to Europort or Zeebrugge.

Hope you enjoy your travels as much as we enjoy ours:winky:

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hoi Bert en Jose,

Welcome to the site.
I am from Holland too. Born in Hilversum and afterwards moved to Bennebroek which is situated at the start of the bulbfields. ( Info for the Brits !! :roflmto: )
Been living on this side of the water for 27 years with breaks in between.
Used to be a tourguide and so away from here for 7-8 months at a time and after I stopped doing that, I accompanied pop groups on tour.
You'll find lots of info here.
I often look at campersite.nl as well.

Groetjes

Maddie

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
welcome to the fun Bertram,don't worry about driving on the wrong side of the road there are plenty over here don't know what side to be on anyway:ROFLMAO: went up to tromso in 2000 (just below Nordkap) on a motorbike & sidecar you have got some stunning scenery to look forward to.Link Removed

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hallo Bert en José
Leuk om hier nog een hollands stel tegen te komen. Wij hebben ook een "oudje" uit 1991/1992 Het is een Fiat Ducato 2.5 td. Wij hebben hem in mei van dit jaar gekocht en zijn inmiddels hier heerlijk mee naar Scandinavie, Parijs, Noord Spanje en Frankrijk geweest. Desondanks heb ik tussendoor ook nog tijd gevonden om te werken :ROFLMAO:

Ik ben een hele tijd op zoek geweest naar een internationaal forum voor mensen met een camper maar heb tot nu toe niets gevonden :Sad: Op dit moment ben ik dan ook maar op een nederlands, belgisch en engels forum.

Als jullie naar Noorwegen gaan.......... wij gaan al sinds 1977 die kant regelmatig op, ik denk dat we er al een keer of 25 geweest zijn. Het is prachtig daar.

Groeten, Paul en Ineke

Okay Okay, my good old english friends, above is Dutch but i will give a translation for you guys now:

Hi Bert and José
Its nice to meet a Dutch couple here. We also own an "oldie" built 1991/1992, Its a Fiat Ducato 2.5 td. We bought ours in may of this year and have travelled to Scandinavia, Paris, North of Spain and France meanwhile. Nevertheless i found time in between to satisfy my employer. :ROFLMAO:

I have been looking quite some time for an international forum for people with a camper but sofar i was not succesful :Sad: At this moment i joined a Dutch, Belgium and an English forum.

If the two of you are going to Norway.......... We are going as of 1977 that way regularly, I think we have been there at least 25 times. Its lovely overthere.

Greetings, Paul and Ineke

Last edited:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
guden dag !

i lived in Holland for a couple of years and the one outstanding thing i noticed was that every body spoke English without an accent , and with grammar better than me (or should that be i ?) ! any way , welcome to the site. and don't forget that there is a quiz every Thursday at 8 o'clock ! :welcome:

derek h

Free Member
May 29, 2008
Funster No
Languages

Whenever I meet anyone from Holland, I always ask what languages can they speak,apart from the usual 7 :Eeek:
I only have two,
I'm still struggling with English, although fluent in rubbish.
Derek
PS trying to learn gibberish.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back