Rally Chat New Year Meet Cotswold Area (4 Viewers)

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Wildge, thank you for bearing with us. I know what a big task it is to put together the most, potentially, smallest 'get together' can be.
Yes please put us down for the harvester.
We have spoken with Lucy there (Sergio's night off and Lucy was keen to make it known that she was involved in your initial 'Cotswold Funster Meet' enquiry).
Our table and menu has been booked.

As with paul and ann + doug and jean et al we are novices to this MH malarkey, baptism of fire at any time of the year let alone in the winter !!
Collected ours on sunday having left it with them for 6 weeks whilst I was away but alas there are many things that should have been done, have not so we have to return it so these problems are rectified............ is it me or are these simplistic things becoming as problem ?????????? So will have to be without our van for an indefinite period but will ensure it will be in our possession by the Christmas festivities

Looking forward to meeting everyone and making new friends and thank you, once again Wildge for taking the time to arranging this gathering

:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto: :cheers: :clap2:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Where do you get the badges with the fun logo on from?
There should be a link in the right to Jim or the stickers.mSend an SAE and you get those. The badges I think you get at rallies but worth asking about. Someone will advise soon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
There should be a link in the right to Jim or the stickers.mSend an SAE and you get those. The badges I think you get at rallies but worth asking about. Someone will advise soon
We have only been to a couple of "meets" not any rallies. Must send off for the stickers.
I am sure I saw a fun download where you could add your names to it and place in windscreen. Cannot find it now though.

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Meets are a fun way for members to meet in an informal setting. They are always held on a commercial site. There is nothing to organise apart from putting the meet in the calender, along with a bit of info maybe outlining how nice the site is and making mention of it in the Meets and rallies forum, something like;
Members that are interested will say as much on the thread and should make a booking with the site direct, ensuring that they mention MotorhomeFun so the Funsters are all pitched together.
You might have one person turn up, maybe six, who knows. People will say in the thread if they are going. If you put up a meet and no one can make it, no problem, you were going there anyway.
(y) Don't worry about names......lots of folks will have their's ......
and it will only take the rest of us until next year to learn the newbies :groan:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
(y) Don't worry about names......lots of folks will have their's ......
and it will only take the rest of us until next year to learn the newbies :groan:
Been trying to remember who was who for two years now. Still only recognise a few, despite multiple introductions. So ladies, when peering at your chests, I'm only trying to read your Funster name on your badge. Honest!

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Festive or everyday menus
http://www.harvester.co.uk/theredgrovecheltenham/ourmenus/

Wildge x 2
teddybard x 2
daveandsan x 2
REKERLY x 2
pat1951 x 2
Electraglide x 2
Colyboy x 2
DuxDeluxe x 2
FunFlair x 2
Lam x 2
SOS x 2
Scammelman's x2

jdk62 said:
We are booked.....................................

jdk62 ??
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: Pleased you are joining us do you wish to be added to the list for Meal NYE? :)

Last edited:

Ladylea

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Pleased to say we can now join you if its not too late delay confirming due to health problems I will ring the site today and we would also like to join you at the Harvester
Lesley

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Wildge

Sorry for the delay in responding - would love to join you at the Harvesters ( we are Doug and Jan by the way) ....

Jan ( the Beauty Terrorist) was slightly worried about leaving the baby in the van ( baby being a 35 kg golden retriever......), but am sure will not be a problem.

This will be our first Funsters meet and really looking forward to meeting everybody....now were is my kilt for the Bells......

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Hi just booked site and paid do I need to book the Harvester ?
(y) No need to book I will add you to list :party2:
but if you are arriving 30th or later please let them know your menu choice :cheers:

Wildge x 2
teddybard x 2
daveandsan x 2
REKERLY x 2
pat1951 x 2
Electraglide x 2
Colyboy x 2
DuxDeluxe x 2
FunFlair x 2
Lam x 2
SOS x 2
Scammelman's x2
jdk62 x2
Ladylea x2

:)I think Wombles mentioned, that Sergio the manager could only seat 35 together in one area so any one else interested please SHOUT :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:party2: IF you are arriving 30th or later please let the Harvester know your menu choice

Wildge x 2
teddybard x 2
daveandsan x 2
REKERLY x 2
pat1951 x 2
Electraglide x 2
Colyboy x 2
DuxDeluxe x 2
FunFlair x 2
Lam x 2
SOS x 2
Scammelman's x2
jdk62 x2
Ladylea x2

Confirmed with Sergio (manager) he can only seat 35 together in one area so any one else interested please SHOUT :D

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:party2:I IF you are arriving 30th or later please let the Harvester know your menu choice

Wildge x 2
teddybard x 2
daveandsan x 2
REKERLY x 2
pat1951 x 2
Electraglide x 2
Colyboy x 2
DuxDeluxe x 2
FunFlair x 2
Lam x 2
SOS x 2
Scammelman's x2
jdk62 x2
Ladylea x2

Confirmed with Sergio (manager) he can only seat 35 together in one area so any one else interested please SHOUT :D

BUMP

garan

Free Member
Nov 10, 2013
south glos
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi wildge,

Could we please join you all for new year meet.
We are new to owning a MH having moved over to the dark side. (y)
This also will be our 1st meet and my 1st post as I much prefer to sit in the back ground and read everyone's posts

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi wildge,

This also will be our 1st meet and my 1st post as I much prefer to sit in the back ground and read everyone's posts
Welcome board anyway! Loads of "lurkers" on here, so you aren't alone. I think you need to book direct with the campsite for the site and then note the above for theNYE meal if you need it. Whatever the weather have a great time and keep a lookout for the pair of weirdos with the duck obsession ;)

Cheers:welc:

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Hi wildge,

::bigsmile: Welcome aboard ............... look forward to meeting you.

David (Dux Deluxe) has explained what to do. Let me know if you wish to book the meal ......you'll know the rest if you've read the threads.:wine:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

David (Dux Deluxe) has explained what to do. Let me know if you wish to book the meal ......you'll know the rest if you've read the threads.:wine:
Sorry for the slight hijack there.........

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Sorry for the slight hijack there.........
(y)(y) All Jacks welcome:rolleyes:
Was away looking for sites near to our local DUCK RACES especially for you :mad: .............:sneaky:
Specifically trying to find the dates for next years Vintage festival of Light at Ashover which includes the Duck race but they're not posted yet.
Jude

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thanks, lots of quick ducks around...... (y)

garan

Free Member
Nov 10, 2013
south glos
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Thankyou for the welcome.

We would very much like to join you all for the meal.........I have rang the site, we've got to wait till they've had a look at their bookings as getting a bit full.....hopefully I will get the phone call tomorrow with a pitch available for us.......fingers crossed

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
You can bring me a bottle of methanol if you like.

Coal, holly and a sixpence I think it was in my day.

We will bring some JD and Wild Turkey honey, a mate ran a Mini Cooper S on methanol, went well but did not last long.
Not sure about a sixpence but we have thrupenny joeys

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
(y)(y) All Jacks welcome:rolleyes:
Was away looking for sites near to our local DUCK RACES especially for you :mad: .............:sneaky:
Specifically trying to find the dates for next years Vintage festival of Light at Ashover which includes the Duck race but they're not posted yet.
Jude
Hi Next year's festival of light is 2/3/4th October. Don't remember any duck racing ?:(

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
It's looking good, all these friends we have yet to meet. Should we bring a bit of coal?
:)We always have coal, bread ,money.............. so you never go cold, hungry or short of dosh(y)
Hi Next year's festival of light is 2/3/4th October. Don't remember any duck racing ?:(I'll stop training, then....
Come along and support our annual 'Duck Race', held in July, as a fund raiser for the Vintage Festival of Light. Ducks are launched on the River Amber, South Wingfield and wind their way down the river from South Wingfield Church, to Taylor's Mill.
duck.jpg

DUCK RACE
River Amber, South Wingfield
July 2015 - date to be announced!

Only £1 per duck!
Ducks available on the day!

2014 Winners!
1st prize - £50 - Andy Mather

2ndPrize - £30 - Rachael Coleman
3rd Prize - £20 - Julie Bradshaw
Last Duck! £5!! Dave Hoult

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:party2: IF you are arriving 30th or later please let the Harvester know your menu choice

Wildge x 2
teddybard x 2
daveandsan x 2
REKERLY x 2
pat1951 x 2
Electraglide x 2
Colyboy x 2
DuxDeluxe x 2
FunFlair x 2
Lam x 2
SOS x 2
Scammelman's x2
jdk62 x2
Ladylea x2
Colyboy x2

Confirmed only seat 35 together in one area so any one else interested please SHOUT :D

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Come along and support our annual 'Duck Race', held in July, as a fund raiser for the Vintage Festival of Light. Ducks are launched on the River Amber, South Wingfield and wind their way down the river from South Wingfield Church, to Taylor's Mill.
duck.jpg

DUCK RACE
River Amber, South Wingfield
July 2015 - date to be announced!

Only £1 per duck!
Ducks available on the day!

2014 Winners!
1st prize - £50 - Andy Mather

2ndPrize - £30 - Rachael Coleman
3rd Prize - £20 - Julie Bradshaw
Last Duck! £5!! Dave Hoult

Only a quid? How do I get a really pretty one?:whistle2: