Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
HAVE JUST RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING FROM MATT the Manager at THE GROUSE &CLARET.

Subject: RE: New Year 2016

hi Jude/Bill
I am sorry your friends were not happy i can assure you the food on new years eve and the atmosphere is normally great. I will make sure the showers etc are cleaned more regular. unfortunately we don't have a waste drain for motor homes but we never have and don't think we will get one. We do supply a waste point and water point but it is located a little off to the side so we do understand that it is difficult to get to however we do have many motor homes come that don't have difficulty. I hope this assures you that things will be good over New year.
regards
Matt

Last edited:
May 15, 2016
Essex United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Bessacar Coachbuilt 6 ber
Exp
Since 2015
Well we are still going.... We regularly go to a site near my son's and although the showers and toilets are normally nice and clean during one stay they were not... But that was due to the people that happened to be there that particular weekend some people just don't care how they leave things...

As for the food its a 'Marstons' pub and usually their food is okay....

Rosemary

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Thanks Rosemary...It's not as if we have not been to eat there ourselves, @REKERLY has stayed on site too.
Jude.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
We were there a couple weekends back and thought it was a really lovely setting. Decided we would probably use it as a regular bolt hole if we didnt fancy travelling too far.

Will definitely still be attending for new year.(y)

Maria

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
We will be there too. Not stayed on site but have eaten there (not recently I admit) but I am happy to go with it. I know it depends on your health but surely it can't be that difficult to get some water and empty your waste. However ........just in case..... I will bring a bucket ! It may also prove useful if I have too much to drink....:wine:

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
@Wildge , we are still up for this. Can use the Motorhome shower if i can fill up with water.:)

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Now Hilary..............:pinocchio: Lovely to see you again and
thanks for that,
Jude

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
We are still planning to go, Marston have two "two for one" pubs near us. £16.95 for two of the best ribeye's I have ever tasted, they are the same in either hostelry

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I'm now feeling like I need to justify my message...so here goes

The showers - I'm not talking about a bit dirty after a day's usage, I'm talking about a horrendous damp, mouldy smell that hits you when you open the door, and then when you enter the shower cubicle everything that should've been white silicone or grout was black and brown, so keep your flip flops on, now I've played football on a Saturday and Sunday so I know all about dirty showers but I've never experienced anything like that before.....and the women's was the same, so wished either Kath or myself had taken a photo, disgusting.

The food - £12.50 each for a burger and chips, this came with 2 pots, one with coleslaw, one with I'm guessing horseradish sauce, the top of the coleslaw was brown where it had been sat about in that pot for god knows how long, underneath was the right colour, same for the other unknown pot, both Kath and myself felt unwell the day after and we have good constitutions, never ill or sick.

Water - unless you can get your motor home to drain uphill then take a bucket because the facilities are outside the toilet block and the ground slopes up to the block, same with fresh water, you need a long hose and block the road to do anything.
29 pitches and 1 cubicle in the gents....let's hope the food is better!

Hard standings- basically a sand and gravel mix, we had rain on Friday and it was bad enough then.

I know it comes across as I'm being petty, I'm gauging this by the replies, but these people are charging £25 a night, ridiculous in my opinion.

I truly hope you all have a fantastic time but for us I'm doubting we were just unlucky on all these points I've covered, for that reason we won't be joining you.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.

The showers - I'm not talking about a bit dirty after a day's usage, I'm talking about a horrendous damp, mouldy smell that hits you when you open the door, and then when you enter the shower cubicle everything that should've been white silicone or grout was black and brown, so keep your flip flops on, now I've played football on a Saturday and Sunday so I know all about dirty showers but I've never experienced anything like that before.....and the women's was the same, so wished either Kath or myself had taken a photo, disgusting.

The food - £12.50 each for a burger and chips, this came with 2 pots, one with coleslaw, one with I'm guessing horseradish sauce, the top of the coleslaw was brown where it had been sat about in that pot for god knows how long, underneath was the right colour, same for the other unknown pot, both Kath and myself felt unwell the day after and we have good constitutions, never ill or sick.

Water - unless you can get your motor home to drain uphill then take a bucket because the facilities are outside the toilet block and the ground slopes up to the block, same with fresh water, you need a long hose and block the road to do anything.

Hey !!! Shit happens Butty. I t can't always be perfect..!!!
Have you tried a Caravan Club Site ? Would probably suit you better.. but cost you a shit load more.

Hard standings- basically a sand and gravel mix, we had rain on Friday and it was bad enough then.

I know it comes across as I'm being petty, I'm gauging this by the replies, but these people are charging £25 a night, ridiculous in my opinion.

I truly hope you all have a fantastic time but for us I'm doubting we were just unlucky on all these points I've covered, for that reason we won't be joining you.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.

Hey Butty..Shit happens
Have you tried a Caravan Club Site ? Would suit you fine..but cost you a shed load more

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hey Butty..Shit happens
Have you tried a Caravan Club Site ? Would suit you fine..but cost you a shed load more

Great response, not sure what 'Butty' is but I guess it's not a term of endearment, actually some CC sites don't charge £25, that's me finished on here, feel I've been stitched up to be fair, I sent a personal message to @Wildge to take me off the list, that's where it should've ended

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Great response, not sure what 'Butty' is but I guess it's not a term of endearment, actually some CC sites don't charge £25, that's me finished on here, feel I've been stitched up to be fair, I sent a personal message to @Wildge to take me off the list, that's where it should've ended
To be fair @Dave K ...... YOUR PERMISSION was REQUESTED..... to repost the information you sent in the personal message to me, see post 90.
You did not like the place and that's fair enough!
Jude

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
To be fair @Dave K ...... YOUR PERMISSION was REQUESTED..... to repost the information you sent in the personal message to me, see post 90.
You did not like the place and that's fair enough!
Jude

Yes it was, but all this rubbish is unnecessary, what the hell was that response from @themogs , and to say 'you don't like the place that's fair enough' well it obviously isn't fair enough judging by the responses!

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Jude, I know we showed some interest in this at one point. I'm not sure whether I have already told you but we won't be joining you all this year. Have a great time everyone x

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
Confirmed booking today for the campsite and New Year meal and disco.
We have two friends, members of Fun, who have also booked the same so can The Masons be added to th list please

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
www.grouseclaretpub.co.uk/
Please note this is a meet not a rally.

1.Rekerly*
2. wildge*
3 scammellmanswife*
4.ciderman*
5.Electraglide*
6. Chris & david*
7.Thetwofus*
8.Rabbitheartedgirl*
9.The Masons*

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
If it is of help I would go and see the site manager and ask for a discount if you can guarantee filling all the pitches for x amount of days

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
If it is of help I would go and see the site manager and ask for a discount if you can guarantee filling all the pitches for x amount of days
Thanks Polly ? but not looking for any more :) Very select gathering you know :D
Think the site is already full , just confirming the list for people who have dropped out :rolleyes:
Jude

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:party:News just received.....is 7.30 for 8pm ok timewise ? :)

Order your own and pay deposit as per instructions ;)

Don't forget to mention M/home Fun. :party:

Attachments

• MilestoneRotisserieNYMenu-1.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries