New Thread Parking for 8m+ motorhomes National Trust sites (3 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Follow on regarding Kedleston Hall. Entrance for larger vehicles ie motorhomes is the village gate as sign posted from the main gate. There is a post box in the wall next to the gate. It is the exit route but there are passing places.
As you approach the car park there is a car park for coaches and caravans on the right. We went into the main car park and there was room for our 6.2 mtr Rienza. We managed to back into a space and overhang the banking between the lanes. There is more open parking on the grass as well.
By the time we left the coach and caravan park was full with about 6/8 motorhomes parked there. I don’t think it left any space for coaches. In the summer and weekends it will be a bit more of a challenge but that’s quite normal for this type of attraction.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Two new places added to the map and some updates to the driving instructions - enjoy!

The Map can be found CLICK HERE

There are now 155 entries on the map and please keep them coming including now, any useful popovers also suitable for motorhomes of 8.5m and above

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Adria 690 Platinum
Exp
Ex Caravan owner now a Motorhome owner since November 2020
We have been to NT gardens called Threave gardens near Castle Douglas, lovely gardens and House, also a shop & cafe, parking for about 6 motorhomes

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Brimham Rocks. (y) I took my 9m Burstner Elegance tag axle there earlier this year. There are a few parking spaces in the left car park that can accommodate bigger vans.

Jul 2, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Adria 690 Platinum
Exp
Ex Caravan owner now a Motorhome owner since November 2020
Thanks, easy access fir larger vehicle would you say?
I would say that its ok My motorhome is 7.5mt plenty of room to park in the allocated area but may not a busy times,we parked at 2.30 mid week

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
Cliveden at Taplow has a coach parking area which is used by motorhomes too. The main entrance to Cliveden on Cliveden Road is via an ornamental gateway which is quite narrow, so for larger vehicles it is accessed via Hedsor Gate on Bourne End Road, this is the entrance for hotel guests via intercom, the road from the gate passes the coach parking area about 150m ahead. The area is designed for coaches so can accommodate things over 12m.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Not National Trust, But Arundel in West Sussex, has motorhome parking available in Mill lane car park, opposite the castle entrance, plenty of space and only £4 all day, closes at 5.00 pm and no overnight stays.
Arundel has plenty to see and do, Castle, Museum, Cathedral, lots of quirky shops and lovely places to eat & drink.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
You get a fair few parking in Mill Road itself. Stopped overnight once myself. Bit of a camber on the road though so you may fall out of bed.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Not National Trust, But Arundel in West Sussex, has motorhome parking available in Mill lane car park, opposite the castle entrance, plenty of space and only £4 all day, closes at 5.00 pm and no overnight stays.
Arundel has plenty to see and do, Castle, Museum, Cathedral, lots of quirky shops and lovely places to eat & drink.
Will definitely add it to the map. Thanks

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Wanted to add this bit could not locate a Mill Lane car park in Arundel on Google maps - more info?

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Cliveden at Taplow has a coach parking area which is used by motorhomes too. The main entrance to Cliveden on Cliveden Road is via an ornamental gateway which is quite narrow, so for larger vehicles it is accessed via Hedsor Gate on Bourne End Road, this is the entrance for hotel guests via intercom, the road from the gate passes the coach parking area about 150m ahead. The area is designed for coaches so can accommodate things over 12m.
Added to the map - NT site gives instructions for a phone number if you are a larger vehicle so they can let you in - those details also added to the map

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Now there are so many pins on THE MAP I have added a filter feature at the bottom so you can turn on or off the different coloured pins.
Looks like this....
Screenshot 2022-07-10 at 20.56.19.png

Don't forget that when you click on a pin you also get a link to the property website, a short description and also driving directions from your location.

Mar 18, 2020
Penrith Cumbria
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent
Exp
Since 2000
Motorhomes can park in the main Aira Force car park for £10 a night. You need to put a day ticket on at 8.30 am but that will be free if you are a member. Toilet through the day and a good cafe on site. Six vans stayed over last night.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Motorhomes can park in the main Aira Force car park for £10 a night. You need to put a day ticket on at 8.30 am but that will be free if you are a member. Toilet through the day and a good cafe on site. Six vans stayed over last night.
Thanks - will add it to the map

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Is it OK for over 8.5m vehicles vanphil

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Thats how we do it, we lorry drivers have a lot of time lol😇😆😆
I had a big lorry driver take that approach when we met in a narrow stonewalled peak district road. He just sat there and let me do all the work. He wasn't stupid. Had we touched it would be my fault!

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I had a big lorry driver take that approach when we met in a narrow stonewalled peak district road. He just sat there and let me do all the work. He wasn't stupid. Had we touched it would be my fault!

It would have been a long day for him as I would of put the kettle on 😉😊

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have a high resilience 😊
Not as much as angry and frustrated drivers. who might see you as being the cause of their hindrence. ;)

I was delivering to a Distribution Centre located down a narrow country lane, just off a main road. Another Artic coming the other way, (having just exited the DC), expected me to reverse back out onto the main road without a banksman. It just wasn't going to happen. In the end he relented and reversed back the 20 x metres or so to the turn round area. It turned out that he was a rather aggravated Romanian. Upon pulling alongside, I thanked him and politely suggested that what might be standard rules of the road in his country of origin with regards to reversing from a side road into a major road, were clearly not the same rules we are expected to abide by here in the UK. As I drove off, he attempted to make his escape, only to find another Artic incoming. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back