New LPG adaptor

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by olley, Nov 24, 2009.

1. olley

olley Funster

Hi guys theirs a new adaptor out, the Unified European nozzle or Euronozzel, see here: Fahren mit Autogas in Europa (Thats to captmike for this info) I assume that eventually all sites will convert to it, its been reported that the new site at Malaga has this and doesn't stock adaptors.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have gone with the french clawgun? or is that to simple.

Olley

2. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:Angry: Think first of WHO suggested it and what profit they hope to make from the making and distribution of such an item? :Eek!:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Standardisation is long overdue and very welcome.. perhaps there is a perfectly good safety reason..

this new gun and adaptor (allegedly) prevent the woosshh of liquid gas when disconnecting ..
    not normally a problem, but anything that makes it safer must be a step forward ..

jim

4. olley

olley Funster

Hi jim, that could be true, as it looks similar if not identical to the hydraulic quick disconnect couplings, and you never got a great deal of spillage with them. I wonder what the gun looks like.

I haven't been able to find a supplier in the UK yet, have you?

Olley

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Looks *very* EU, 10 times more complicated design than any existing solution. All they needed to do was nominate one of the perfectly good adaptors we have today and if they picked the right one then probably 50% would need no change.

Far too simple.

6. lebesset

lebesset Read Only Funster

well , this has been around for a bit [ couple of years in spain ] but the first thing we need to do is agree the name!

euronozzle is just fine with me....I have seen acme called euroconnector , and dutch , AND italian cup ...all wrong of course

but this is an agreed european standard , and is a HUGE improvement , much easier to connect , and virtually no spillage when you disconnect ; many women wouldn't use any of the old systems , not enough strength in their hands and don't like the blast of gas when disconnecting ; not to mention the pollution , of course

if you watch the video clip you will see how much better this is ! the maximum loss of lpg permitted in this design is 0.1 ml

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvAD2naC_s"]YouTube - Euro connector - nowy pistolet do tankowania[/ame]

I've just stopped running any vehicles on lpg after 25 years , so they finally come up with a decent system! c'est la vie

btw , haven't seen anyone selling the adaptors in the uk as yet , I emailed tinley tech but they didn't bother to answer ; will look in spain

hooray for the EU , a bit slow because every country wants THEIR idea ; but they get there in the end ...this has taken 7 years

7. hilldweller

Quite impressive. I stand corrected.

What you can see is lobbying at it's best. That firm has come up with a good idea and pushed it into law. Now everyone gets to pay them a licence fee.

Unless I'm wrong again and they have generously put the design into the public domain.

8. lebesset

no company holds a patent brian
    the EU technical people came up with a norm ...EN13760
    any company can then design their own equipment to meet this norm

I thought this below was an excellent way to meet the needs of the various markets ... bear in mind the EU are not demanding everyone changes , at a guess it will be 10 years before everyone sees sense , but as long as the new pistolet designs are used [ like here] that will already be a step forward

http://www.elaflex.de/dokumente/download/PressRelease_ZVG2_english.pdf

incidentally the press release is incorrect , spain has never used the italian dish

9. hilldweller

Damn. Not a good day for cynical old men is it !

10. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

I think yer half right Brian most of the Euro bods will have bought shares in the company before anouncing the new gizmo:thumb:

11. hilldweller

AH, you confirm my faith in cynical old men, or not so old in your case.

12. ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly Read Only Funster

13. lebesset

as john McEnroe would say , you cannot be serious
    I thought only british companies tried rip off 's like that
    last adaptor I bought cost €4 ...okay prices are up since that , let's say €8 now

but btw , notice that the items are correctly described , 21.8 mm thread in this case , the size that I personally use

14. lebesset

how would you know which of the companies making this you should buy shares in geo ?
    they are all already making these lpg items anyway , exactly which design won't affect their profits a lot !

15. vwalan

vwalan Funster

Cant be too sure but it looks like one of the adaptors in the euro accessoires catalogue . havent got a price . A friend dropped this french catalogue in earlier this year. Came from a charente evasion m,home shop.

16. seanoo

seanoo Funster

hi all, to be honest it doesnt look hard to make your own if you had a decent lathe and a lump of brass!! had a look at it yesterday and its got a valve in which stops the hiss when you remove the pistolet, but you still get the hiss and liquid gas all over your hands when you unscrew the adaptor.

17. lebesset

do you mean you have one seanoo ?
    I presumed there was a valve in the adaptor as well , just like on a vehicle filler

and just looked at the euro accessoires catalogue on line , they just have the acme and dutch adaptors for sale ....they sell the borel refillable bottle , which is a superior version of gaslow ...4 hole version by the look of it

18. vwalan

vwalan Funster

I could be wrong but is it not like the connector in the truck kit part no.920012.
    May not be was just a thought. on second look at both it may be different.

19. seanoo

seanoo Funster

no lebesset i havent got one but i had to borrow one yesterday to fill my gaslow up at the new repsol station in malaga. i put a post on in motorhome chat under gaslow, there is also a photo of it i took yesterday. the guy wanted €70 for the adaptor:Rofl1:so i declined and borrowed it instead. he bought his from italy as he couldnt get one in spain!! regards sean

20. lebesset

aha , finally someone who has found the new station in malaga , how long has it been open ?
    is it a normal filling station or lpg only ? presumably only the new pistolet

and do you have an external filler , or take your bottle out and fill it ?