New club member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dbailey2, Aug 7, 2012.

1. dbailey2

dbailey2 Funster

Hi everyone,

I am a new member of this website forum. I do not own a motor home yet but I thought this was the best forum to find out the pros and cons of the different motor homes that are available for sale in the country before I purchase one and my wife and I begin our travelling around Europe.

Cheers,

DougB

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

:flyingwelcome: Pete :thumb::thumb:

3. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hi Doug and welcome to Fun, you are wise, read as much as you can, ask any questions you want be it about the motorhome or travel in Europe, somebody usually has a answer, we also have some laughs, so you may get the odd strange answer, but its all fun. enjoy :welcomefunster:

4. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

Welcome to [STRIKE]the madhouse[/STRIKE],:Rofl1:, the fun, where in Essex?

5. f6c

f6c Funster

welcome

Welcome aboard:Wink:

6. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

:welcome:

7. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome,we joined about a year before buying a M/H-read a lot of threads,asked questions-filtered the answers :BigGrin: and by the time we actually bought we had a good idea what to look for and also what accessories were actually needed (rather than desired)
    It'll be the best £10 you spend.

Mike.

8. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

:welcome: to Fun, enjoy

Peter

9. isleofmancath

isleofmancath Read Only Funster

:Smile: good evening everyone just bought our camper 6 months ago have 2 kids and a boit nervous about wild camping any tips for me new to forums and dont know how they work either im a bit useless really sorry :(

10. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

It a friendly Forum with lots of information from experienced motorhomers....with years of valuable information ..with a bit of banter thrown in:Wink::Wink: if you have a problem just ask your question...and get a reply......simple as that....or you may have the answer to somebody's else's question ....... some may take the Pee Pee:Wink::Wink::Rofl1::Rofl1: but at the end of the day everybody try and will help you:thumb:

11. dbailey2

dbailey2 Funster

New motorhome owner

Hi everyone,

First of all, a big thank you for all your welcome messages in reply to my first post as a newbee. Since that date my wife and I have visited many dealers to view both new and used motorhomes. We were very surprised at the many different layouts that were available and there was quite a wide spread in the quality of the fixtures and fittings.
    In the end we decided to stop travelling around the country to visit dealers and instead visit the NEC show in October where all the manufacturers would be in one place.
    However, a used motorhome advert caught our eye and we could not resist having a look and after a two hour viewing we are now the proud owners of a low profile Dethleffs Advantage T6511.
    We are due to collect the vehicle in about two weeks and having never owned or driven a motorhome before, I find the thought of it exciting but very daunting.
    The vehicle is 6.98m long and 2.33 wide and is fitted with two reversing cameras and I was wondering if any club members had any tips or advice to give me which may help me when it comes to driving what seems to me a large vehicle.

Thanks,

DougB

12. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Hi and welcome to fun:thumb:

13. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Well, no-one will mind but you have just hijacked someone else's thread. What you need to do click on the MotorhomeFUN banner, this gets you to the "home" screen ( or click HOME ).

Now look down the right hand side for "INTRODUCE YOURSELF", this takes you to the Introduce Yourself Forum. Now look at the top and click "NEW THREAD".

Now you can start your very own thread.

Do the same with USHAPED LOUNGE to create a new thread on general chat or look for a forum that suits what you want to ask/say.

You'd ask for tips on Wild Camping in the UK TOURING or CONTINENTAL TOURING or MOTORHOME CHAT.

For sure, wild camping is a black art, it is not easy. Some are never happy with it ( me ) some think it's the only way.

Anyway, set up your own thread and you'll get loads of advice.

14. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Do what the rest of us do, keep the pedal to the metal, install Airhorns (of the Alpine variety) Close your eyes in tight situation, AND keep the Rosery beads handy:thumb::thumb:

Oh! and Welcome:thumb::hug::lips:

15. dbailey2

dbailey2 Funster

Hi Ray & Geri,

Sorry for not replying sooner, I am still learning how to navigate around the site. Mary my wife and I live in Wyatts Green near Brentwood.

cheers

DougB

16. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I found the thought of driving ours daunting at first but it is really easy.

You need to use your side mirrors more than you might in a car and just take everything a little bit slower.

Nothing to fret about:thumb: