nature pure

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gpz, Apr 30, 2014.

1. gpz

gpz Funster

any body got a nature pure filter i have just found out our new van has one but flow is just a trickle looked at replacement cartridges but cant see one which looks like ours ,it is white and sits in a black holder is there a cartridge inside the white plastic and how do u change the filter and where can you buy replacements .is there any reference no on anywhere thanks:Smile:

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

sounds the same as mine......does it look like this ?

[​IMG]

there is a plastic tab just above the black bracket where the filter body is widest.
    You can just see the white tab to the right of the lettering on the body in the picture

If there is then pull the tab, its connected to a plastic 'cord' which holds the top and bottom halfs together.

Easier to remove the filter housing from the bracket by simply lifting it out.

Once the cord is out its a matter of twist and pull the two halfs apart....can be very tight.

The filter element simply sits in the bottom half.

To refit, put in the filter element and press the top back on making sure its fully in.
    Take the cord and push it back in the hole until only the tab is exposed.

This should be your filter element in the link below.....a fair bit cheaper at the various shows.

As a temporary fix you can remove the element and refit the lid but you obviously wont have filtered water.

http://www.purewateronline.co.uk/400009-Nature-Pure-Ultrafine-Cartridge.html

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

I hope this helps
    To change a filter you need to drain the cold feed, disconnect the pipes and remove the housing to work on. You then pull the handle/knob of the retaining rod that secures the lid. Then with some effort pull off the top, resistance is the sealing ring.
    This is a dismantled picture of the one I just replaced.
    You can get a filter at £60 less Fun discount via the naturepure banner in the right screen column.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Techno

5. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

I changed mine without draining the system or removing the pipes.

But........I did fit it in such a way that I wouldn't have to do that..............:Wink:

• Like Like x 2
  6. gpz

gpz Funster

thanks for the replys guys i will look for one at the next show i go to are they usually at all shows and is it nature pure themselves or is it a franchise

7. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

I dont understand this draining down bit either. I just changed mine and switched the pump off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

There is usually a trade stand at the shows, the guy only sells Nature Pure products. The companies name is General Ecology and the guys name is Harald. New filters are not cheap, and cost £50 even with a Funster discount. Make sure that you turn your pump off before taking the old filter out or you will end up getting soaked, just like I did.:RollEyes::Blush:

Brisey.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Techno

You are correct Snowbird. It just happens that the one and only time I changed that filter was when I'd drained down for storage and took the unit home to protect from frost.

The new model simply screws off and the water shuts off automatically

Last edited: May 1, 2014