Mushroom vent PVC roof …? (1 Viewer)

May 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 COMPASS
Exp
Since 2017
Relating to an earlier ‘solar’ question: I need space for a solar panel, but a mushroom vent is in the way. Ventilation is important, but this one is ineffectively placed, more like a rainproof hole in the roof.
Has anyone improved on this kind if vent somehow. Or is there sufficient airflow to do away with the vent altogether? My van is a 2013 Peugot boxter 5.4m autocruise Jazz.
All positive suggestions gratefully received, I’m braced for the others!🙃 Ed.

810D098D-DD31-40BD-8F1F-719AD970A004.jpeg

Jan 5, 2014
tetbury
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Expedition
Exp
Long time
What is the vent ventilating? It looks to center of the van!
I am about to get a van with a similar problem, mine is in the washroom /toilet and seems to be poorly installed and may cause problems with mounting the roof rails!

OP
OP
E
May 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 COMPASS
Exp
Since 2017
What is the vent ventilating? It looks to center of the van!
I am about to get a van with a similar problem, mine is in the washroom /toilet and seems to be poorly installed and may cause problems with mounting the roof rails!
It sits over the kitchen sink, just in front of the microwave - but I think that’s coincidental. More or less in the middle as far back as cupboards allow. There is a window over the stove in the side of the van, but that conflicts with opening the sliding door. Our loo vent is on the rear offside corner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As it's in the centre of the roof probably for perminant ventilation so could just move it.

Edit:
Typing while you posted so could just be removed if you don't really need it.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Forte
Exp
10years
You could also consider removing the vision plus aerial and replace it with one of those stubby magnetic aerials that won't be as good but will likely work well most of the time. I have an autocruise Forte and will be doing that to get another solar panel on the roof.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've had a shuftie at a photo of a Jazz and where the vent is inside (the circle at the rear):

1678737241990.png

I'm not sure why you've got a vent other than it's to save Autocruise putting in a normal roof vent (mushroom is cheaper) and I can't see any issue with removing it completely and sealing it on the outside, but you'd then need to find something to cover it on the inside which looked okay, possibly another light if the wiring is easily accessed?

OP
OP
E
May 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 COMPASS
Exp
Since 2017
Think you are right Lenny, definitely not short of airflow. And it will help with an earlier dilemma you answered for me…thanks again.

OP
OP
E
May 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 COMPASS
Exp
Since 2017
You could also consider removing the vision plus aerial and replace it with one of those stubby magnetic aerials that won't be as good but will likely work well most of the time. I have an autocruise Forte and will be doing that to get another solar panel on the roof.
Thanks for the reply, not after a huge mount of solar, don’t want too many patch-ups on the roof.

OP
OP
E
May 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 COMPASS
Exp
Since 2017
I've had a shuftie at a photo of a Jazz and where the vent is inside (the circle at the rear):

View attachment 726600

I'm not sure why you've got a vent other than it's to save Autocruise putting in a normal roof vent (mushroom is cheaper) and I can't see any issue with removing it completely and sealing it on the outside, but you'd then need to find something to cover it on the inside which looked okay, possibly another light if the wiring is easily accessed?
Thanks for the input, I was just concerned there may be some ‘regulation’ vent to volume to satisfy. But I’m happy there’s enough ventilation without it. Good idea for the light - depending on wiring, otherwise possibly a dummy speaker grill. Ed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back