Murcia Trip

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by scholesman, Sep 8, 2012.

1. scholesman

scholesman Funster

Hi off to Bolnuevo Spain next week just wondered if all you experienced teams out there have any advice/ do's and don'ts/routes etc.
    Have motorhomed in France several times but never down into Spain before:Cool:

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi
    I dont know the area you are going, but dont stop for unmarked Police cars etc, the crooks try all sorts to get in to your van pretending to look for drugs, also dont tow on an A frame the real Police are pulling you over and making your co driver use the tow car, friends of ours got done last year for a 250 euro fine, others got robbed by bogus Police they stopped for an unmarked car because they where towing and got done on the way down to La Manga, other than being careful enjoy Spain we go every year and have had no probs. Pete

Ps you will find the Spanish motorways a lot cheaper to use than in France.

3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Yes if someone passes you and gets your attention indicating something is wrong with your outfit keep going to the next services - even if you think it could be police. Do not pull in on the side of the road.Make sure you do not leave anything of the slightest value on view when parking your vehicle up.
    Have to say that the majority of crime committed in Spain on the main coastal routes and towns is not by Spanish but by Eastern Europeans, and it appears to be getting a more common occurrence to those that are not wary.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrJinks

MrJinks Read Only Funster

Be watchful at junctions & roundabouts. Most Spanish drivers are totally unaware of their indicators and never use them. :shout:

If somebody indicates when exiting a roundabout you can bet they will be a foreigner.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. nifty fifty

nifty fifty Funster

i was in spain last week [not in motorhome] and i did stop at alicante seafront area as you leave towards airport. several motorhomes parked up on dunes next to sea,plenty of space looks like used overnighters to.

perhaps someone has more experience here and can comment.

enjoy your trip

6. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi many try to stop on those sands by the urbanisation .police regularly move them on . but park in the urbanisation is ok. been staying there for years even when they were building it . the next urbanisation as street taps for drinking water. we park right under the runway in the urbanisation you can almost touch the huge planes . . big nudist beach seperates the two urbanisations but not alot to look at in winter .
    anyway its nice around porta de mazarron , lots nice beaches . was a good park up at perchelas but guardia get heavy if you stop there now . there is a few wild spots .

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  7. davanne

davanne Funster

Are you going to stay at Playa de Mazarron campsite?
    It should be reasonably quiet in September but fills up 1 October with the overwinter people and it is very crowded then as the pitches are very close together.
    We have stayed there in september and it was fine but I wouldn't want to be there october onwards.
    Straight onto lovely sandy beach and a short stroll into the village which has nurmerous restaurants and bars plus supermarket that sells everything you would ever need and more.
    Hope you enjoy:Cool:

8. scholesman

scholesman Funster

Many thanks to you all for your valuable info, yes it is Playa de Mazarron campsite I'm heading for.:thanks2:

9. pollensabob

pollensabob Funster

Good campsite Los Madriles Isla Plana lovely area short distance from Mazzaron. We were there 2 years ago this month. In my opinion best site in area. Excellent bar and restaurant Elliot's in Bolneuvo best fish n chips outside of Blighty. Got me thinking might go back this year. Have a safe trip.

BobnLin:Smile: