Munich to Sunny Beach Bulgaria.

Discussion in 'Croatia Bosnia Serbia Bulgaria' started by Snowbird, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

We flew out to our apartment in Bulgaria last week for a fortnight and as the £ is struggling against the Euro thought it may be a good idea to drive back in the car end of August until the weather turns bad instead of heading to Spain in September.
    Its many years since I did this run and it was then in a truck, so things have changed a lot.
    We intend staying with my semi tame professor in Munich for a couple of days on route, so that is the route I intend to take.
    Now my problem starts, which would be the best route down to southern Bulgaria from Munich, Austria, Slovenia, Serbia, Bulgaria, or Austria, Hungary, Romania Bulgaria. I know Romanian roads will not have improved much in the last 30 years, so that could be a deciding factor.
    The other question is, which countries do I require a vignette for, and does anyone have any idea of price of vignettes.

2. Tykatem

Tykatem Funster

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Snowbird

Many thanks Pete, would that be Vienna, Budapest, Belgrade and then down to Sofia ?. If so that would suit me as I can do Belgrade in the day from Munich then down to Sunny beach the next day. A comfortable 4 days driving from Liverpool.

4. Tykatem

Tykatem Funster

Yes that's the route we take, staying over night in Budapest and Sofia. The road gets better each year.

pete

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Snowbird

Is Serbia a toll road similar to France, Spain or do I need a vignette. Also what is required for Bulgaria.

6. Tykatem

Tykatem Funster

In Serbia it's toll booths and you can pay in Euros. Bulgaria you'll need to but a vignette at the border, just like with Austria and Hungary, cost 8 Euros for 7 days.
    Be careful at the border with Bulgaria, you'll find several kiosks/offices offering to sell you vignettes all at varying prices.

Bulgaria....
    http://www.tolls.eu/bulgaria

Pete

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. teknik155

teknik155 Funster

how do you get serbian insurance as my lot will only do eu countries

8. Tykatem

Tykatem Funster

All the motor policies I've had, have covered me for any country which is a member of the EU and others including Serbia.

Pete