Mum and me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by patilo, Aug 23, 2011.

1. patilo

patilo Read Only Funster

Mum and me are gadding about the UK. We love to meet new people and visit new places. As mum is 86 and suffers from dementia, our pace of travel and stays are at a leisurely pace. This gives us time to stand and stare and take it all in.

• Like Like x 16
  2. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Hi there!
    Have just read your message on this forum, that's lovely! I hope that you both enjoy your travels around the UK, unfortunately the weather hasn't been very good recently. If you are in Scotland, you should pay a visit to the East Neuk of Fife, very quiet with really friendly people. There are so many lovely little harbours in this area and everything goes at a very slow pace, I'm sure your Mum will love it. Let me know if you are looking for a good site to stay at.
    Enjoy yourselves and hope the weather improves for your gadding!:BigGrin:

3. Ambilkate

Ambilkate Funster Life Member

Welcome to fun.

4. peter H

peter H Funster Life Member

:welcomefunster:

:flyingwelcome:

Peter

5. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

:welcomefunster::welcomefunster:

6. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

Welcome to the FUN, love what you are doing with Mum, I was a carer before retiring and I salute you.

7. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

You have picked the best forum to be on - welcome from us two as well - motorhoming / caravaning is the most enjoyable way of seeing the country - try and get to one or two meets as well you will find many of us in very similar situations :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  8. patilo

patilo Read Only Funster

meets

Are they a friendly bunch or just there to gloat over their pride and joy?:Confused:

9. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

Both of the above.
    They are a great bunch. friendly and welcoming.
    Some are just plain daft, though. You'll find those for yourself.
    As for myself, I'll just carry on being a teapot.

Love what you're doing with mum.
    Welcome and enjoy the best MH forum on the web.

10. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi patilo, why not come along to a Funster meet and find out for yourself. Both you and your mum will be made most welcome.

Brisey.

11. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

We are all as daft as one another in different ways - No one worries what type / size / year / value of your outfit - we are all there for one thing to relax enjoy and meet like minded people. Nothing is compulsory you do what you want to do when you want to. Always plenty going on about - just introduce yourself and join in. There is always a central club tent where things happen in the evening which you can join in if you wish :thumb:

12. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hello and welcome to Fun, taking your mum around the country in your Motorhome is a wonderful way to spend time together without putting extra pressure of being a carer for you mum I am sure you will have lots of things to smile about when you reflect on it, I like many others on here have cared for our elderly parents with dementia and its not always easy. Your comment about people gloating with their motorhomes is as far from the truth as you can get on this forum, we have all shapes sizes makes and models and have not yet met anyone who if they care to join in have not been made to feel welcome. If you join us on a meet sometime I am sure you will agree. :welcomefunster:

• Like Like x 1
  13. staging lady

staging lady Funster

Hi and welcome. My mum has dementia and it is very hard to see our parents lose themselves. But how wonderful for your mum you can still travel together.
    No one worries about what type price or size van you have- come to a meet you will be very welcome.
    Lucille

14. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

:welcomefunster::welcomefunster::welcomefunster:

Hi and welcome

It dont matter if you are in a tent,caravan, motorhome or car you are always welcome at a funster meet so come along and meet some of us

:party2::welcomefunster::party2:

15. patilo

patilo Read Only Funster

Meets

OK , all - you wonderful people- as mum would say, there is so much goodwill flowing out from you all we'll definetaly head off to a meet sooner rather than later. Will find one not too far away. Looking forward to meeting new people and sharing stories. Mum and I usually travel in red (Go outdoors didn't have any other colour at the time that fitted us). So pleased I stumbled across this site whilst researching batteries. :coolthumb:

• Like Like x 1
  16. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Hi Patilo!
    Originally Posted by patilo [​IMG]
    Are they a friendly bunch or just there to gloat over their pride and joy?

No, I don't feel that motorhome owners are just there to gloat over their pride and joy at all. We have only owned ours for a few months but can't believe how friendly MH owners are, the first time we were out and saw another fellower 'homer they waved! I couldn't believe this and wondered if they knew us, however, it soon became obvious that the majority of MH owners appear to wave to other MH owners on the road. I think this is so refreshing and just love it when someone waves to us! The world is in a turmoil at the moment, so it's really nice to get a wave from other owners in this way. I have been told by another 'homer that only the foreigners or people hiring don't wave.
    I wholeheartedly agree with Carol on what she has said, in fact, we had a caravan before buying the MH and have found that both caravan and MH owners are extremely helpful and will offer advice and enjoy having a good chat! This makes a real pleasant change in today's world when the majority of people are only out for themselves.
    So in answer to your post, we're not here to gloat, just a real bunch of friendly and helpful people who enjoy life and travels in their motorhomes:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  17. patilo

patilo Read Only Funster

newark meet

Will be meeting up with other funsters at Newark on 2nd September. Looking forward to it.:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  18. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Meet at Newark

Hi Patilo!
    That's great, if we were closer we would go as well, unfortunately someone reversed into the side of us last week. Dent in side panel and smashed window unit, so it's going in for the repair tomorrow:cry: We wouldn't have felt so angry about it had the 'van been old, but it's only a few months old.
    The van driver who reversed into us forgot he had several sets of long ladders on top of his van!:RollEyes:
    Anyway, I hope both you and your Mum have a super time!

19. patilo

patilo Read Only Funster

OMG Doesn't bear thinking about. I'd be gutted.
    Hope it doesn't take too long for the repairs.
    :Doh:

20. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Hi Patilo!

Yes, we couldn't believe it when it happened, we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time! We should know by Tuesday how long it will take, it's a real shame because we were booked up to go to Whitley Bay and then on to Grassington:cry:
    Regards, Maggie