Mrs Vlad nearly Fried!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Vlad The Impaler, May 23, 2014.

1. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

What a week,whilst I've been working away in Scotland my van has had a full service and cam belt change which went ok.Next mrs Vlad had to drive the van to the mot station,Squeaky bum time,all went well UNTILL just arriving home the exhaust fell off:cry: She booked it in to our local garage who picked it up and fixed it before leaving it on the drive the wrong way round!
    I arrived back last night to excited children and a rather nervous mrs Vlad,she said there had been a bit of an accident:Eeek:.on the table was a wrecked lead and plug from the ehu .It turns out she decided to turn the van round to start loading it,however forgot to unplug it first:Doh: She got out and picked up the end of the lead with the bare wires:Doh::Doh: the shock threw her back and she landed on her arse( must have been more than 240 v) when the house tripped out and the kids tv went off they came out to tell mummy and rescue her.
    No permanent damage thank god I made a new lead up and everything is ok!
    I'm sitting at the euro tunnel typing this waiting to go on our hols ,on the way down the van was running great, however when going up hill and I drop down into 4th on accelerating the engine management light comes on UNTILL I change up. Thought it may be a rev thing but it doesn't do it in other gears,any ideas . Probably just coincidence it's been in the garage :Angry:
    Could the service or new manifold be anything to do with it ?
    Me and the kids wouldn't let anything ruin our hol if mummy had died we would have just put her in the freezer until we got back ,isn't life simple!:BigGrin:

Vlad

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 8
  2. AuldCodger

AuldCodger Read Only Funster

CCTV

Now if you have a camera on the front of your home you could be minted. Just think of all the tv progs throwing wads of cash in your direction :BigGrin:
    Love your laid back attitude, enjoy your travels you deserve it just maybe not as much as your good lady :thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  3. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

Sorry to hear about Mrs Vlad's escapades, good job there was a trip fuse.
    Re the engine light on hills, I had that with a 2.8 JTD & it was a faulty injector lead, it also had an occasional misfire, an injector harness repair lead sorted that.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161311001371?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

A friend had the same fault on his 2.8 JTD & it was the turbo wastegate stuck shut, some WD40 & worked it in with some mole grips cured that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

Vlad, check they haven't 'disturbed' the wastegate lever when changing exhaust - guy by us had it (same issue) and quick looksee and a quick lever and it was away.

Sorry about missis - that'll teach her :Laughing:

Trikeman. :Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

You need to make sure your external socket is protected by an RCCB Vlad!:thumb:

Mind you, that decision depends on how much Mrs Vlad is insured for!:Wink:

• Like Like x 3
  6. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

You Cannot Possibly blame Mrs Vlad;
    When she left the Blue Ball she was OK if a little unsteady
    and it is all your fault for not being at home.:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  7. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

She will not forget again:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Joking apart, if Mrs Vlad was shocked to the extent that it knocked her over she should really have had a check up as electric shocks can play havoc with your cardio system. You'd better look after her for the whole of the holiday, no cooking or cleaning etc for her - she'll need time for her body to recover ... really ... seriously ... I do mean it! :Smile:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

That's not nice... :Angry:

commenting on the size of your wife's arse... :Doh:

I hope she's well, a shocking tale... :Blush:

• Like Like x 1
  10. sb8263

sb8263 Funster

if your batteries run flat, get her to put her fingers in the ehu socket on the van,,she may have enough electricity in her body to get you through a few hours,,,:Rofl1:

11. snailtrailer

snailtrailer Funster

I do feel for Mrs V ! We try so hard to help - to please our menfolk. Why does it have to go wrong :Doh: