Free Member
Mar 15, 2013
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Conversion A class
Exp
Hi all,
I've seen a similar thread but it didn't really answer my question and I didn't want to hijack the post so thought I'd start a new one :)
We have a CI 6 berth motorhome with a double bed at back (u-shaped seats), another over cabin and a smaller square bed in middle (hope that makes sense).
My husband and I will be travelling around in our motorhome with our (currently) 12 month old this summer and wondered what people did for sleeping arrangements.
I don't think the floor space is big enough for a travel cot to be put down for little one to sleep in. We thought about a bed guard thing on the little bed but don't know if that would work - it would possibly be ok whilst he's asleep but he can stand up so it wouldn't stop him from climbing out and that would be quite a drop if he fell.
There must be someone who has already been through this :)
Any tips gratefully received :)
Thanks
L

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I made this out of a bit of 1"x1" softwood and a lot of dowelling from local DIY. It is held in place by folding arms under the mattress and is hinged so that it will fit lengthwise as well. Folds flat when not in use. It could be made taller but we found this adequate.

Scanned photo as the toddler in question is now 32:Smile:

Just noticed politically incorrect golly in photo !!

Attachments

• bed guard.jpg
    bed guard.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Upvote 0

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
when my daughter and her husband borrowed our MH for a few weeks she slept on the double make up bed (dinette) with 12 month old grandson on the inside nearest the window and my son-in-law slept in the luton.

When we took he away I slept in the luton with him on the inside and "the net up" just incase and my wife slept on the made up dinette bed

not sure if workable for long term but that's what we did and it worked ok for us

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rainmac80

Free Member
Mar 15, 2013
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Conversion A class
Exp
Thanks both, that's really helpful - I love the picture :)
I think I'll sleep in with him in short term and see how we get on :) Just didn't know if there was some miracle product out there that solved all the probs lol
Thanks again
L

Upvote 0

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We had a bedguard in the motorhome for the bed above the cab worked very well with no problems.

Johns Cross may be able to help you further on this.

Upvote 0
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We had our then 2 year old grand daughter with us for a week in elddis 140 with u shaped lounge bed we just out her in middle no problem
Just a right pain at night having to bed up early
One more reason why we changed vans

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back