Motorhome with toddler

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by rainmac80, Mar 15, 2013.

1. rainmac80

rainmac80 Read Only Funster

Hi all,
    I've seen a similar thread but it didn't really answer my question and I didn't want to hijack the post so thought I'd start a new one :)
    We have a CI 6 berth motorhome with a double bed at back (u-shaped seats), another over cabin and a smaller square bed in middle (hope that makes sense).
    My husband and I will be travelling around in our motorhome with our (currently) 12 month old this summer and wondered what people did for sleeping arrangements.
    I don't think the floor space is big enough for a travel cot to be put down for little one to sleep in. We thought about a bed guard thing on the little bed but don't know if that would work - it would possibly be ok whilst he's asleep but he can stand up so it wouldn't stop him from climbing out and that would be quite a drop if he fell.
    There must be someone who has already been through this :)
    Any tips gratefully received :)
    Thanks
    L

2. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I made this out of a bit of 1"x1" softwood and a lot of dowelling from local DIY. It is held in place by folding arms under the mattress and is hinged so that it will fit lengthwise as well. Folds flat when not in use. It could be made taller but we found this adequate.

Scanned photo as the toddler in question is now 32:Smile:

Just noticed politically incorrect golly in photo !!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  3. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

when my daughter and her husband borrowed our MH for a few weeks she slept on the double make up bed (dinette) with 12 month old grandson on the inside nearest the window and my son-in-law slept in the luton.

When we took he away I slept in the luton with him on the inside and "the net up" just incase and my wife slept on the made up dinette bed

not sure if workable for long term but that's what we did and it worked ok for us

4. rainmac80

rainmac80 Read Only Funster

Thanks both, that's really helpful - I love the picture :)
    I think I'll sleep in with him in short term and see how we get on :) Just didn't know if there was some miracle product out there that solved all the probs lol
    Thanks again
    L

5. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

We had a bedguard in the motorhome for the bed above the cab worked very well with no problems.

Johns Cross may be able to help you further on this.

6. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

we use to put a travelcot on the bed

7. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

We had our then 2 year old grand daughter with us for a week in elddis 140 with u shaped lounge bed we just out her in middle no problem
    Just a right pain at night having to bed up early
    One more reason why we changed vans