Feb 14, 2016
Staines upon thames
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all
I'm buying a new motorhome and will be getting it at the end of May, I need to put it in secure storage near Heathrow any body have any contacts or know of any were there's a storage company.

Thanks

Jonesy

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, Jonesy there is an organisation called Cassoa they are a storage outfit and are quite widespread you may be lucky.:)

OP
OP
Jonesy

Jonesy

Free Member
Feb 14, 2016
Staines upon thames
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Mike
I've tried these places nearest is in camberly but there's no room at the lnn.

Jonesy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Guruken

Free Member
Mar 22, 2015
Brisbane, Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1973 in USA and Europe + wilderness 4WD across eastern Australia
Hi,
storage is always a problem the closer to London the dearer it is.
The Caravan club have storage at Abbey Wood near Welwyn City Garden but it has become very expensive.
I have stored there several years ago and the wardens were very helpful. I have found that the Caravan Club camping sites are very tidy and with immaculate showers and toilets. There is an hourly bus from Heathrow central bus depot that takes about 1 hr that ends at the WGC hospital which is 100m from the clubsite entrance . Site is open 0800 to 2000hrs. so its reachable but late access after 1800hrs may need to be prebooked.
Beware of parking in poorly drained sections of the site as your precious MH may sit all winter in a 50mm puddle.
Avoid fenceline near trees as mould and tree trash will foul and damage your MH over winter.
More recently I have stored at Caravan club Gatwick under trees at perimeter or in the aforementioned swamp. Gatwick CC is easily reachable either by prebooked private hire cab( as cheap as the bus and far quicker and convenient if there is 2 travelling) or National Express Heathrow Gatwick shuttle + a free hire car shuttle every 20 mins will take you to 200m past the Gatwick CC entrance and may drop you at the gate if you request politely thus avoiding the Gatwick black cab mafia extortion or the need for another private hire car.
The caravan club now have a policy of stealing your prebooked & paid money if you make a late booking change no matter what the circumstances.
I also had another bad CC Gatwick experience in having to pay the annual storage fee in advance in January 2015.
I surrended the electronic gate key as I left on 9 April 2015 and advised the head wardeness I would be vacating the pitch as I planned to tour Europe for most of the following 12 months.
She assured me she would submit the refund paperwork the following Monday.
I was to discover much later that I was billed for the pitch till early June and given a much diminished refund accordingly.
When I protested by email whilst touring in Hungary I was requested to provide evidentiary of my claim.
Fortunately I have my partner as a witness so this unfortunate saga continues on but the rapacious attitude of the CC does leave an unpleasant feeling that other motorhomers should be aware of.
So currently I am searching for an economic and convenient dry and sunny storage within striking distance of Heathrow.
Does anyone have any suggestions.????

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
My RMB is at Camberley, but try Chertsey Caravan and Camping Club's site as they do storage. I've no idea if they've any spaces, but it's handily sited for you if they do.

Guruken

Free Member
Mar 22, 2015
Brisbane, Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1973 in USA and Europe + wilderness 4WD across eastern Australia
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I have checked with Chertsey C&CC but no vacancies and under trees Pds 690/yr.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Purple parking are part of the Secure Storage Group, might be worth a try. They do Airport Parking but also store cars in a different compound close by. Situated at Brent road Southall.

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I live in central London and store at Abbey Wood , no problems in storing there for the last 4 years , spaces are like hens teeth.
Unfortunately, storage is expensive .
There is a down side to storage , for us anyway, in that you have to load the car up first then off load into the van and then on your return you off load the van into the car then empty the car when you get home. If you leave anything in the van by mistake its a bind having to go back to the van and get it. We once left the house keys in the van , arrrrrrrgh. we now have a system , house keys leave the van first on our return. we also took the storage key home by mistake once , arrrrrrgh and had to return it straight away.
On the plus side with storage, I can sleep well at night knowing the van is tucked up safely.
So my advice would be don't store too far from home.
Good luck with your search.

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
Hi all
I'm buying a new motorhome and will be getting it at the end of May, I need to put it in secure storage near Heathrow any body have any contacts or know of any were there's a storage company.

Thanks

Jonesy
Try SMC at Taplow don't know if it is only for customers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back