LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
What do full-timers have in the way of security? If your MH was stolen from your house it might not have much in it, but if full-time with all your belongings, what extra security do you have? Thanks

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Strikeback Growler, wire rope across cab doors, front seats swivelled round and locked with a padlock. Passports etc behind hidden panels.

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thank you Paul.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Not full time as in 365/year. but 60 days/year

Front seats swivelled round and locked with a padlock, Thatcham alarms (cab & hab), GPS tracker, wheel clamp when not touring, hidden switch (fuel)

Reactions: f6c
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Strikeback Growler, wire rope across cab doors, front seats swivelled round and locked with a padlock. Passports etc behind hidden panels.

Paul

Thanks for reminder about swivel and padlock - but think only driver's seat is necessary, bit of a stretch for thief to drive from passenger seat.

No cab doors so that is covered. Would like Vanbitz to fit alarm, but even when we get to Dover from Poland they are still a long way to go.

Passports, money etc. like you are in concealed compartments.

Problem with passport is that some countries 'legally' require anyone to have identification at any time. We did have a UK scheme for getting a voluntary ID card, but it was terminated 2-3 years ago, so technically in those countries one should carry one's passport. I do not, and hope that the authorities would accept a photocard Driving Licence - a Bank in USA would have done, but initially refused my Passport:D. Cannot imagine myself walking through Barcelona in shorts with a Passport in my back pocket:rolleyes:

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back